News   Apr 26, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 752     0 

Pantages / Opus Condos (Intracorp) - Real Estate -

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
ha sanyone heard about chronic problems with the heating, cooling systems and elevators in Pantages? I friend of mine just signed a lease there and is considering trying to get thier deposit back.

Pantages - 210 Victoria St - how is it to live there?

I have been looking at a few listings at the Pantages - 210 Victoria St. Any pros/cons to this place?

What is it like living in a condo within a hotel? Any downfalls? I understand that buyer's need to put at least 20% down (not insurable by the CMHC), but what other issues are there?

I have been looking at a few listings at the Pantages - 210 Victoria St. Any pros/cons to this place?

What is it like living in a condo within a hotel? Any downfalls? I understand that buyer's need to put at least 20% down (not insurable by the CMHC), but what other issues are there?

my friend listed a 630 sq ft 1 bedroom, had 23 offers on it...definitely not stopping anyone from buying.

The maintenance is quite high and you have to pay the hotel to use the gym ($30/mth). Lots of beautiful people there and a great location, the area never dies down.

there was a unit listed at $250K to encourage traffic, it then got relisted at $400K about 10days later.

Guess the bidding war didn't get as high as the buyer had hoped.

Pantages

In addition to Brian's comments, the walls are very thin. Not at all soundproof. However, as most new construction, the building code is very poor at best.

Very few new buildings have full length concrete with sound barrier along dividing suite walls. 18 Yorkville is one that I watched being built, but very pricy in today's market.

Good luck in your search.

Like I King St., Soho, and other Hotel/condos, the monthly maintenance fee is nuts!
I spent some time going around with my agent in the spring when prices were depressed and not much was selling, looking for a a good inexpensive investment.
I quickly discovered that there was a reason why you can find considerably lower prices in reasonably nice buildings like these.
The HIGH maintenance fee.
That was the deal breaker for me as far as these buildings were concerned.

Imagine when high end places like the Trump, Shangrila, and the Ritz get registered. You are going to hear a lot of thuds around the city from new owners fainting after they look at their first maintenance fee bill.

hotel condos are risky .... lots of parties, noise and people pretty much trashing the place due to the lack of ownership. As stated before, maintanence fees are ridiculously high. You also have the risk of the hotel going bankrupt .... but i'm not sure what the implications are on that one.

I visited a friend staying in a one bedroom suite at the Pantages Hotel, I visited him on a weekend the hotel seemed quite the hangout for the club partying kids! Keep in mind the hotel will be full of tourists and people will be checking in and out all hours of the day, noise could be an huge problem. As for the Pantages Tower, i believe the condos are on floors 18 to 45 and have their own separate entrance and private elevators. The Cosmopolitan Hotel is also now selling units in their hotel. I guess the hotel market in Toronto is little slow

The emergency helicopters that land or take off from St. Mikes across the street in the middle of the night can be a problem for some people who buy at Pantages. I know someone who lives there and noted this elsewhere some time ago.

I hate to get back to bed bugs again but until this problem is resolved with a new safe spray that can effectively tackle and eliminate this problem I wouldn't buy into any condo that is in any way attached to a hotel.

I visited a friend staying in a one bedroom suite at the Pantages Hotel, I visited him on a weekend the hotel seemed quite the hangout for the club partying kids! Keep in mind the hotel will be full of tourists and people will be checking in and out all hours of the day, noise could be an huge problem. As for the Pantages Tower, i believe the condos are on floors 18 to 45 and have their own separate entrance and private elevators. The Cosmopolitan Hotel is also now selling units in their hotel. I guess the hotel market in Toronto is little slow

The non-hotel suite floors at Pantages Tower are the 6th to the 9th and the 18th to the top floor. The hotel is sandwiched in between the normal condo floors. Floors 6 to 9 were originally supposed to be Hotel Floors and were changed over to full residential floors at time of construction. Skyline Hotels who operates the Pantages Suites Hotel pulled back their number of rooms at the time due to the downward trend (SARS) affecting the Toronto hotel market at the time.

Opus, The

Hello. New member here. Not sure if this is the right section to post my questions. Perhaps a mod can move it if need be.

I'm not quite in the market for a downtown Toronto condo, but I am quite curious about the Opus building at 220 Victoria Street. There isn't a lot of info here or on other sites. Hopefully someone here actually lives there (or has a bit of knowledge about this building).

The maintenance fees are a bit high, but do seem to cover a few utilities like electricity. What else does the fee cover? Parking? Water?

More than one cable/internet/phone provider wired for the building?

Again with parking- Do all unit owners receive a spot? Does a spot need to be purchased over and above the unit cost? Is the parking only by valet?

Are unit owners allowed to rent out their home or is the building completely owner occupied?

Any rules against working from home? Not so much running an actual business, but rather a home office situation where a client may pop in from time to time.

How do sounds/smells travel through the building? ie: can neighbours be easily heard and cooking smelled? Well sound-proofed? Smell-proofed? :D Smoking allowed in individual units and balconies?

Service lifts? Loading zone at the rear of the building (on O'Keefe I think)?

Friendly and easy going neighbours? A mix of all ages?

I think I have other wonderings, but I'll leave it at that. And like I said, I am not really in the market at the moment so I dont want to waste a realtors time. It's just that this building is exactly in the right location (Eaton Centre and Ryerson are right there) and the pics I've seen look great).

Thanks for your time.

:)

220 Victoria OPUS Building

Hi Smithy,

we have Unit for sale at 220 Victoria

http://downtown-toronto-condominium.webs.com

have a look

Rudy

Hello. New member here. Not sure if this is the right section to post my questions. Perhaps a mod can move it if need be.

I'm not quite in the market for a downtown Toronto condo, but I am quite curious about the Opus building at 220 Victoria Street. There isn't a lot of info here or on other sites. Hopefully someone here actually lives there (or has a bit of knowledge about this building).

The maintenance fees are a bit high, but do seem to cover a few utilities like electricity. What else does the fee cover? Parking? Water?

More than one cable/internet/phone provider wired for the building?

Again with parking- Do all unit owners receive a spot? Does a spot need to be purchased over and above the unit cost? Is the parking only by valet?

Are unit owners allowed to rent out their home or is the building completely owner occupied?

Any rules against working from home? Not so much running an actual business, but rather a home office situation where a client may pop in from time to time.

How do sounds/smells travel through the building? ie: can neighbours be easily heard and cooking smelled? Well sound-proofed? Smell-proofed? :D Smoking allowed in individual units and balconies?

Service lifts? Loading zone at the rear of the building (on O'Keefe I think)?

Friendly and easy going neighbours? A mix of all ages?

I think I have other wonderings, but I'll leave it at that. And like I said, I am not really in the market at the moment so I dont want to waste a realtors time. It's just that this building is exactly in the right location (Eaton Centre and Ryerson are right there) and the pics I've seen look great).

Thanks for your time.

:)

Back