News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 917     1 

Ossington

Hobbiesville has opened at 9 Ossington Ave:

i don't know if this is common knowledge but Kotn is opening on the west side of Ossington just south of Clocks and Colours. I wonder if Maha's will go in with them like they did in Leslieville.

Why is this still a drunk tank? The resale value of this could finance a much larger facility that I am sure is needed. And this would be a great starting point for a great mixed use development. Imagine the paint taken off and original brickwork restored?!

IMG_5941.jpeg

Why is this still a drunk tank? The resale value of this could finance a much larger facility that I am sure is needed. And this would be a great starting point for a great mixed use development. Imagine the paint taken off and original brickwork restored?!

View attachment 529469
Indeed. There was a proposal afoot several years ago now to find the original cupola, or rebuild it if it couldn't be found, but it's been ages since there was any further news on that front - probably another excitedly announced city project that's languishing on a shelf somewhere...

I didn't frequent Ossington back in those days but grew up passing through Dundas and parts of Queen West where they had similar vibes even up until the mid 2000s.

Pasted by this on Saturday and it looks like part of a trend along Dundas from Ossington to Bathurst. This structure is to be a restaurant (guessing) that overlooks Trinity Bellwoods Park at the back. All of the buildings on this block have exposure and laneway access to this open space. This seems to follow several recent redevelopments along Dundas that are very large in floor dimensions. Think the AUDUX building across the street.

IMG_8807.jpeg

IMG_8812.jpeg
IMG_8814.jpeg

No indication of what it'll be yet, but the building where Venezia Bakery was at the southwest corner of Ossington & Argyle has a sign mentioning that the vacant retail unit has now been leased.

This sounds like Canadian version of ‘ Footloose!’ Lol

Now I am undecided as to who should play Kevin Bacon’s character but the John Lithgow part has to be either Donald Sutherland or Colm Feore. And Doug Holiday should have a cameo!

IMG_9146.jpeg

Last edited:
The former Home Hardware store at 172 Ossington Ave is proposed to become "IDK Social Bar". Some commentary from a local resident rep:

I'm a bit confused by the vitriol locals are throwing at this new bar - the street is already lined with them, and the strip gets very crowded at night on weekends, especially in summer, for many years now. This is just more of the same, so what's the deal?

Back