News   May 14, 2024
 586     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 959     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 489     0 

Onyx (MCC, Davies Smith, 35s, Quadrangle/Raw)

That is weird! It should have been built right beside it. They could have incorporated retail right into the base of the building, just like they did on Duke of York, on the other side.

Maps have always showed just one street halfway in-between Duke of York and Kariya, I'm not sure why you'd think otherwise. Halfway is better, to allow space for traffic lights and pedestrian crossing.

Jan 14 visit
5355135057_3468824925_b.jpg

The original towers are still the best of the complex.

I agree .... in particular I'm most impressed by CityGate's glass 'lantern' like treatment at the top ~

Yep they remind me of some of the city place buildings ... but I find the roof on the city place buildings nicer then these. But a close second in my books - particulalry considering most other projects fall way short on this.

ONYX party-goers enjoy room with a view

Julie Slack|Apr 24, 2011 - 11:54 AM
http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/997268--onyx-party-goers-enjoy-room-with-a-view

afe4540a4df58e253097ad452c02.jpeg

What a view. ONYX Condominium and Lofts in the downtown core features the Stratus Lounge for its residents, a 36th floor "party room" with a view of Mississauga's growing skyline. Graham Chalmers of Davies Smith developers. Staff photo by Rob Beintema

The skyline of Mississauga has changed dramatically over the past few years with the addition of some spectacular City Centre high-rise buildings.
At one of those skyscrapers, residents are celebrating the completion of a sophisticated rooftop dining room and lounge.
At ONYX Condominiums and Lofts on Webb Dr., residents can now entertain guests in a stylish new rooftop party room. The Stratus Lounge on the 36th floor is available to residents of the building for parties and other social events.
Davies Smith Developments built ONYX. It's the fourth and final building in the company's downtown enclave.
ONYX co-owner Graham Chalmers, a Mississauga resident, said the building's party lounge contains a full-service kitchen and bar, a dining table and an entertainment area with a flat-screen television and billiards table.
Floor to ceiling windows offer an all-encompassing view of the city, Lake Ontario shoreline and downtown Toronto. There's an outdoor terrace, too.
"We decided to take advantage of the view and it's appealing to residents," he said.
ONYX co-owner Ian Smith, a Port Credit resident, said he and Chalmers are thrilled with the outcome.
In addition to the building's many indoor features, Chalmers said, the building is striking in its appearance to outsiders thanks to its black window frames and sleek grey windows.
ONYX Architect Roland Colthoff, director of RAW design, agreed.
"That's a unique design," he said.
"(But) I'm a bit prejudiced," he added with a chuckle. "I drew it. I like it."
jslack@mississauga.net

looks like Onyx lost a window or balcony glass tonight....will try to get details....

Back