News   May 13, 2024
 268     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.3K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

France is just 90 minutes from Newfoundland. The 6,000 person archipelago Saint-Pierre et Miquelon is officially Territorial Collectivity of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon and is a self-governing territorial overseas collectivity of France.

image.png

So yes, there should be some opening.

Honestly,

St Pierre and Miquelon is so insignificant, I doubt you would find anyone from France who actually knows it A) Exists and B) Is a part of France not Canada.

Until someone mentioned it a month ago, I spent 33 years thinking it was part of Canada. There is no government in the world that would say borders need to be reopened solely because of St Pierre and Miquelon.

Honestly,

St Pierre and Miquelon is so insignificant, I doubt you would find anyone from France who actually knows it A) Exists and B) Is a part of France not Canada.

Until someone mentioned it a month ago, I spent 33 years thinking it was part of Canada. There is no government in the world that would say borders need to be reopened solely because of St Pierre and Miquelon.
Don't forget about Greenland, which has its own extensive local government, but it is also part of the Realm of Denmark. Then there is another rather large country on the other side of the Arctic Ocean, few may have heard of, Russia.

Don't forget about Greenland, which has its own extensive local government, but it is also part of the Realm of Denmark. Then there is another rather large country on the other side of the Arctic Ocean, few may have heard of, Russia.

Yes but how many people honestly want to go to Russia, Greenland or Denmark?

Honestly,

Most of their exports are to Canada; they are not part of the EU customs territory, the nearest international airport is on Canadian soil, and as a group of islands of ~6,000 has very little services and amenities.

So yes, it's fair to say the border should be reopened for them. Perhaps not France proper, but for an island with a large dependency on access to Canada, it's damn near a humanitarian prospect.

Most of their exports are to Canada; they are not part of the EU custom territory, the nearest international airport is on Canadian soil, and as an island of less than 6,000 has very little services and amenities.

So yes, it's fair to say the border should be reopened for them. Perhaps not France proper, but for an island with a large dependency on access to Canada, it's damn near a humanitarian prospect.

Agree - nevermind for medical/emergency reasons as well - that territory is dependent on Canada for health services. I would be *very* surprised if there wasn't an exception for them already.

AoD

Canadians need to boycott all these countries that ban people with mixed vaccinations.

Looks like Jamaica are cool with having mixed doses of vaccines:

Mixed vaccinations won’t be a problem for Canadian travellers, says the Jamaica Tourist Board.

“Jamaica’s Ministry of Health will consider anyone who has received two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine to be fully vaccinated, regardless of whether they have received different brands,” the JTB tells Travelweek.

More information is at visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization.

Canadians need to boycott all these countries that ban people with mixed vaccinations.

I just heard a minute ago on Your Morning that Barbados is changing its rules to allow mixed vaccinations.

I imagine it will take some time for everything to shake out.

I just heard a minute ago on Your Morning that Barbados is changing its rules to allow mixed vaccinations.

I imagine it will take some time for everything to shake out.

I have no doubt that eventually there will be one uniform policy for vaccine recognition. I doubt any country wants to be left behind because they were anal about not mixing vaccine brands.

Back