News   May 28, 2024
 687     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 512     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I think its best to move to an appointment level, the % of cases positive is low still. The % should shoot up a lot when we moved to appointment-based but it has not really.

A lot of people are testing before that likely just have an allergy or likely thinking they have an issue due to symptoms but is just paranoia induced (including myself and all my friends, the moment we got negative we felt fine lol).

Testing can go to people who really need it now and discourage people who just get tested all the time so they can chill with friends and not feel guilty about it. Now people will stay home more i think.

I think its short term pain but better long term then having 100s of people stand in a line.

Last edited:
I think its best to move to an appointment level, the % of cases positive is low still. The % should shoot up a lot when we moved to appointment-based but it has not really.

A lot of people are testing before that likely just have an allergy or likely thinking they have an issue due to symptoms but is just paranoia induced (including myself and all my friends, the moment we got negative we felt fine lol).

Testing can go to people who really need it now and discourage people who just get tested all the time so they can chill with friends and not feel guilty about it. Now people will stay home more i think.

I think its short term pain but better long term then having 100s of people stand in a line.

Did you miss the memo that certain parts of the city is experiencing 10% positivity rates (nevermind overall positivity rates have been creeping up)? Also, how can you tell if you *really* need it - or that people "just want to get tested all the time"? And how will "people who really need it" get tested ASAP through an online booking system that is already full and not accepting additional bookings? Tell them to go to the ER?

AoD

Last edited:
Yesterday I received a notification that SDM had flu vaccines. I registered online and they email you a bar code valid for 7 days that you have to show on arrival, but you can't make an appointment. I arrived 5 minutes after opening this morning at the Manulife SDM and there were 5 people ahead of me, and no way to line up properly... I'll try again later this week.

Turns out that pharmacies are running out of this years vaccine.

See here: https://www.680news.com/2020/10/07/...of-flu-shots-2/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

May be worth cramming into a pharmacy that has the flu shot as opposed to waiting for it to be less full. I hate to say it but if you wait you may not get a flu shot in the near future.

This guy comes from a family who develops suburban and custom houses, Sky Homes. Not sure if he still holds a day job, apart from being a full time tool. Read somewhere online that his parents have disassociated from him after his ongoing anti-lockdown antics.

Chris Saccoccia is the son of Art Saccoccia, a successful developer in the Greater Toronto Area.
According to his LinkedIn profile, he is the VP for his father’s company Skyhomes.

Apparently he hosts/hosted weekly anti-mask raves in Toronto.

This guy comes from a family who develops suburban and custom houses, Sky Homes. Not sure if he still holds a day job, apart from being a full time tool. Read somewhere online that his parents have disassociated from him after his ongoing anti-lockdown antics.
The last time a developer‘s adult son was in the news was Marco Muzzo.

For some perspective I go to https://covid-19.ontario.ca/

As of today, out of 14 million Ontarians we have about eight thousand unresolved cases, 195 people in hospital (less than the capacity of a single Flexity Outlook) and 43 in ICU. I’m socially distancing and wearing my mask, but I’m not panicking or handwringing.

The upside to this has been significant. I’m spending a lot more time with my teenage kids, we‘re saving more, I’m losing weight due to no eating out and my dog must have walked 1,000 km with me by now. Environmentally I’m not driving pretty much anywhere except Costco for food and once a week I drive to my boss’ backyard for a strategy and cappuccino meeting. Beyond food we’re not buying anything, no clothes, no electronics, no shoes, etc. as we have it all and nothing is wearing out. No one I know in the first person has tested positive, so that’s something to be thankful for, but I’m not blind to the risk of that. I’m much less stressed about work and life and take time to chill each day. I’d say much of my neighbourhood is the same, as my neighbours are also walking about, chatting and waving.

Last edited:
Yesterday I received a notification that SDM had flu vaccines. I registered online and they email you a bar code valid for 7 days that you have to show on arrival, but you can't make an appointment. I arrived 5 minutes after opening this morning at the Manulife SDM and there were 5 people ahead of me, and no way to line up properly... I'll try again later this week.
It must be a matter of timing. I got to SDM at Yonge and College at 8:45. 2 people ahead of me. I was only out of the office for about 25 minutes (should have been longer but I didn't stay for the recommended 15 minutes after). The pharmacy student that was giving the shots said that before me he had just finished with the line of people that were there when they opened at 8. They only allow a certain number line up inside and the rest have to wait inline outside on Yonge Street.

May be worth cramming into a pharmacy that has the flu shot as opposed to waiting for it to be less full. I hate to say it but if you wait you may not get a flu shot in the near future.

It turns out SDM will have an appointment-based flu vaccine clinic for the residents of Manulife Centre later in November, so I might wait for that. Not much of a chance of catching the flu until then.

Ontario is reporting 797 cases of #COVID19 as nearly 48,500 tests were completed. This is the largest number of tests completed to date. Locally, there are 265 new cases in Toronto, 182 in Ottawa, 134 in Peel and 78 in York Region. There are 695 more resolved cases.

Ontario is reporting 797 cases of #COVID19 as nearly 48,500 tests were completed. This is the largest number of tests completed to date. Locally, there are 265 new cases in Toronto, 182 in Ottawa, 134 in Peel and 78 in York Region. There are 695 more resolved cases.

Appreciate your keeping us up on the info!

# of cases is a concern to be sure; good to see the testing getting up there though.

1602168579624.png

Backlog in testing is still very high, sitting at 58,000 and change.

Back