News   May 01, 2024
 276     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 343     0 

Not a Quality developer...

T

thx1038

Hey UT members.

I won’t tell you which project I’m referring to, but most of you that know me could probably guess.

My condo cooperation is suing the developer for not providing adequate construction material and labour. So far I agree with my cooperation that the developer is doing a shitty job and just passing off the keys to owners.

Anyway, the developer is working in the area and I want to make sure the City forces better quality construction from this developer. What do I do? Who do I contact?

Not a Concord developer

Start with your city councillor / those running for council, but you'll need more than one voice. Band together, there is strength in numbers. No member of council will want this festering in their back yard, especially if it looks like he (councillor) will end up wearing the blame.

Re: Not a Concord developer

Bear in mind that perfect construction does not exist. Every building has problems. My building was build by a developer much admired on this board, and my condo corporation has been in negotiations and litigation with the builder for six years now over various deficiencies and oversights.

In my experience with 3 new condo developers, none are perfect. Actually, I purchased a Daniels built condo a number of years ago and it was a terrible experience. Of course that year they won some best builder award. Go figure.

Again in my experience, my Concord Adex unit has been the best quality overall. Your mileage may vary. I also usually stress the variance among different suites in the same building. Some are crap, others are mint. Different trades people working on different suites means different levels of quality.

Maybe you can go start an information/petition campaign outside the sales centre. That way you can make sure people who are interested in buying the condos understand the developer's track record.

...and in so doing he would run the risk of hurting his investment's value.

Back