News   May 10, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Don't break a nail honey, it's like we are married!

js97: Nearly every post of yours is an insult on another UT member. I chose to simply ignore you but there comes a time when you insult just enough people to make all of your contributions here irrelevant and unwanted. Mods, please review this members posts in the last week.

I think urbantoronto needs better conservative supporters because the ones we currently have care more about adding lame insults to politicians' names (McWimpy, Smitherfraud, etc) and unblinkingly supporting every utterance that rolls out of the mouth of Rob Ford (Rob Fraud?) than producing any substantial analysis. Where's urbandreamer? At least he knows how to stir the pot well.

Wake me up when the election is over. Yawn.

Joe's people are very happy with their latest internal poll. It's showing continued growth and people are responding to his new campaign push. Look for one to be released later this week. He's ahead of Ford by a smidge. Smitherman is still in the lead.

I'm not as much surprised that Joe is edging over Ford as I am that Smitherman is still relevant in this race.

If random insults are to be directed my way, could they be at least for things I said? (The post your replying to was not by me)

My fault... let me redirect at Adma.

That being said, if calling someone 'spindoctoring' and a little banter is considered 'hurling continuous insults' and out of line for this board, then feel free to ban me.

Woudln't want anyone out of line playing in the sandbox...

Back to Joe pantalone having his fundraiser at MUZIK nightclub....

business is business I guess.

Hey, to me js97's flippant and sexist rebuttal was his way of avoiding admitting that he was defeated.

Yay, another person to add to my ignore list on this forum. And in only a short month here! I'm doing well.

I think urbantoronto needs better conservative supporters because the ones we currently have care more about adding lame insults to politicians' names (McWimpy, Smitherfraud, etc) and unblinkingly supporting every utterance that rolls out of the mouth of Rob Ford (Rob Fraud?) than producing any substantial analysis.

LOL, that's standard tactics for all conservatives on message forums though isn't it?

Hey, to me js97's flippant and sexist rebuttal was his way of avoiding admitting that he was defeated.

Yay, another person to add to my ignore list on this forum. And in only a short month here! I'm doing well.

I thought that js97's line to you was maybe from a movie or something, so I googled the entire phrase.
The second hit is... THIS THREAD... lol

Memorialized forever in history.

Terribly sorry that my "lame insult" of our glorious Provincial leader didn't hit home with you. Until we as a group figure out a way of not re-electing the same clueless and incompetent people (who never listen to us in the end) time and time again, nothing will change. We have a severe lack of talent in the political ranks these days and the awful thing about all of it is there isn't anyone in the "wings" who can come and do some actual LEADING. Furious George is the front runner... but why? Is it because he got his mug on the front page of T.O. Life or is it because he has the skills to make positive changes. The only good thing about Rob Ford right now is that he's making waves and connecting well with people's anger. Pantalone is drawing the usual suspects interest and hopefully just that. Rossi... well, he's a wait and see. He may do a H. Ross Perot and divide the (centre) right vote but I hope not. Being a small "C" Conservative in (the City of ) Toronto is almost like being an endangered species. Gone are the days of Davis and Crombie and we are now in the golden era inhabited by the likes of Sandra Bussin, Paula Fletcher and Gord Perks... shudder. You then can imagine why I'm so disrespectful of our political landscape right now.

wanderer:

Being a small "C" Conservative in (the City of ) Toronto is almost like being an endangered species. Gone are the days of Davis and Crombie and we are now in the golden era inhabited by the likes of Sandra Bussin, Paula Fletcher and Gord Perks... shudder. You then can imagine why I'm so disrespectful of our political landscape right now

You quote Davis and Crombie - but do you actually realize that McGuinty, Miller and John Tory are more similiar to these said Red Tories than Ford et al? If you want someone to take the "conservative" agenda seriously, find individuals who are respectable in their views and deeds like the formentioned.

AoD

Last edited:

it was!

perhaps you're all too civilized for me...

maybe I should read up more on Toronto life!

Last edited:
While I agree with you that John Tory and possibly McGuinty are akin to those predecessors, Miller has always been very Left of Centre. He only dropped his membership in the NDP somewhat recently (didn't he?). I would like to see Tory be in the race but he will never submit his name. As well, McGuinty's politics may be centre of the road but he is such a political weasel compared to someone like Crombie that I can never support or back someone like him on that principle alone.

Back