News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 356     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 918     1 

News on retail chains (was: New Mall Retail)

No, it's the people, too. If a meteor took out Richmond Hill (Oak Ridges included) no one in Aurora would notice for several weeks.

Huh? As development got started, I think it's reasonable that Aurora integrated north with Newmarket because their town centres are proximate and they could talk to each other on the phone without paying long distance charges. It didn't integrate south with Richmond Hill because RH's town centre was far away and a long distance call away.

Sure, it's the people who do the integrating, and the developer people who do the building, which brings more people, and so on -- although it would have been weird if the people involved worked against the town's existing geographic and communications ties to integrate more closely with Richmond Hill all the way to the south.

What are you implying that I'm missing?

Cloverdale's new stores include:
Peoples Jewellers
Nails For You
Cloverdale Home Hardware
S. Home Furnishings and Accessories

I don't think Honeydale is getting any new stores ;) .

Scarborough Town Centre's new stores:
Koodo Mobile
Salon Eclipz & Spa
Sony Style

Look out for the Loblaws Superstore coming soon :eek:.

Meanwhile, Dixie Mall has added:
Liz Claiborne
Nine West Shoe Studio
E.B. Games
Lids
Eunique Salon and Spa
La Vie en Rose Aqua

Coming Soon: Mexx, Coles Books and Peoples Jewellers.

Surprising comeback by Cloverdale in the last few years, really. A decade ago it was on the shopping mall death-watch list.

Probably what saved Cloverdale was the "upscaling" of Sherway, i.e. it's a straightforward, meat-and-potatoes, pay-your-Bell-bill-here type of mall...

Well, that's if you consider "Nails For You" a comeback...

Well obviously it's not that, but they did some renovations recently, and the place seems livelier than it has in ages. The type of retail is still far from being upscale or even of interest to anyone under 65, but it certainly has a new lease on life. For a while there it was looking like Woodbine!

Hey well if Cloverdale can come back to life from the brink of death, then maybe there is still hope for Woodbine too?

If you wanna see a crappy mall, go to South Common Centre. It should have a date with a wrecking ball.

You mean it doesn't? I thought North Common and South Common were already in deconstruction-regurgitation mode over the past decade...

You mean it doesn't? I thought North Common and South Common were already in deconstruction-regurgitation mode over the past decade...

South Common still has some interior hallways left, connecting the Wal-Mart with the No Frills.

As for North Common, :confused:?

Back