9.2K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 501     0 

New Urban Toronto - Post Your Comments Here

... there are some negative issues:

- The font colours are horrendous and very hard to read
- Horizontal scroll bar is present on every page and thread unless i maximize my browser

+1 for the 2 issues above, but i do like the current design better

The new layout is OK but there needs to be more colour and less grey half-tones. The logo especially has no impact which is bad for branding. Also as noted by others the baby blue font colour makes it difficult to distinguish between read and un-read threads so this needs to be changed. The text needs to be made much more crisp.

Also for this newest version I would have added a thumbs UP thumbs DOWN feature for each post.

Just my $0.02 :)

I also find the light blue hard to read. The forum navigation menu links are also pretty low-contrast, especially when you hover on the pull-down menus.

But generally I think it looks good.

Allow me to just add: The light blue is a terrible and unreadable colour and yes, there should be some contrast between read and unread threads. As well, the logo is not bad but the grey has to go.

Overall, I like the cleaner, crisper look. I am still of the belief though that the forum is really the only thing that counts (and is the only thing I turn to, having it bookmarked at the expense of any "home" page.

Sorry, double post.

The work to make this site more than what it presently is, is appreciated though.

Thanks to all the people who put in the hard work to evolve this site and keep it going!

I'm not computer savvy but my number one complaint is that I can't view the forum section without manually zooming in the screen to 75% at which point the font is kind of small on an 18" monitor. While seemingly a small thing, this hugely impacts the user experience.

Philosophically, I would say that the new design somewhat marginalizes the forum community component of the site. There is nothing wrong with this if that is the direction the site wants to go and it definately makes the site better with respect to monetization.

I too have a tough time with the blue font - it's too light to contrast with the bg and is difficult to read. Also, it's difficult to distinguish whwn it's bolded and unbolded.

I am glad that many have also commented on the blue font. This concern was expressed prior to the recent beta launch (as well as the forum seemingly being marginalilzed in favour of more real estate information), which I've been told will be dealt with. Otherwise I think it's a great upgrade!

I've noticed that in some cases photos posted to the forums aren't appearing at their full size anymore. For example, the images I've put up (hosted on PhotoBucket) are 1024 pixels wide, but for some reason they appear smaller when viewed on UT – unless they're vertically oriented, in which case they appear at the proper size.

Is there some sort of "maximum image width" preference now that I've missed?

Plus I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way it looked before, and red has always been the colour of UT. Even the new logo isn't as good.

Back