News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 367     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 940     1 

New rides at Wonderland

Seeing @Towered react to the above made me think............

Towered has offspring that's almost Wonderland ready...........as does @evandyk.

The two of you should probably introduce your kids............

I mean really, Towered, he's your kid...........he's going to need a friend whose dad is a lawyer. LOL

Canada's Wonderland owner Cedar Fair to merge with Six Flags to create amusement park powerhouse​

https://www.cp24.com/entertainment-...to-create-amusement-park-powerhouse-1.6627958

Cedar Fair and Six Flags are merging to create an expansive amusement park operator with operations spread across 17 U.S. states and three countries.

The combined company, worth more than $3.5 billion, will boast 27 amusement parks, 15 water parks and nine resort properties in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. It will also have entertainment partnerships and a portfolio of intellectual property including Looney Tunes, DC Comics and Peanuts.

Amusement parks have seen an uptick in revenue but have struggled to raise attendance since the pandemic, even as other entertainment sectors have bounced back. A tie-up between two huge players is expected to at least lower costs.

Any thoughts on what the merger will mean for Wonderland ? More money and resources for improvement or will it mean cost cutting in the near future?
A bit of a fantasy thought that I had was prior to the merger I wondered if Six Flags had any possible interest in the Marineland property in Niagara. I would think the merger would any interest they might have had in Niagara.

Any thoughts on what the merger will mean for Wonderland ? More money and resources for improvement or will it mean cost cutting in the near future?
A bit of a fantasy thought that I had was prior to the merger I wondered if Six Flags had any possible interest in the Marineland property in Niagara. I would think the merger would any interest they might have had in Niagara.
Canada's Wonderland could take a small hit as some of the money would have to be reallocated to other parks within the Northeast Region, including Darien Lake (between Buffalo and Rochester) and La Ronde (in Montreal).

Marineland is already rather close to three Six Flags properties: Canada's Wonderland to the north, Darien Lake to the east, and Cedar Point (between Toledo and Cleveland) to the west. Seaworld might be interested in the property, given how similar their existing properties are to Marineland. Perhaps Palace Entertainment (which owns Kennywood to the south (near Pittsburgh), itself not too far from Marineland) could purchase the property. Even Fun Spot America might be interested in the property and it could be renamed Fun Spot Canada.

Right now, Marineland can't even compete with Niagara Amusement Park located across the river in Grand Island, NY or Waldameer & Water World in Erie, PA located between Buffalo and Cleveland.

Amusement Insiders reporting that major redevelopment is pending over the next few years..............

Multiple plans, including an expansion and improvement to Splash Works and redevelopment at the Kingswood site.......and lots of other stuff......

The most interesting stuff they yammer about is this:

View attachment 515819

Supposedly a fully developed and approved concept. Work is apparently underway inside the Mountain.

Take the details w/a grain of Salt; A.I. are an excitable lot not always steadfastly accurate in their guesses..........still, sounds like something substantial is in the near-term offing.

Ahem............

Under construction.

Extreme Skyflyer has been removed, permanently.

Work is also going on both inside the Mountain and on the Tunnel access to the Mountain.

Also........another significant development at Wonderland is in the offing. Not a ride, but something else....... stay tuned.

Ahem............

Under construction.

Extreme Skyflyer has been removed, permanently.

Work is also going on both inside the Mountain and on the Tunnel access to the Mountain.

Also........another significant development at Wonderland is in the offing. Not a ride, but something else....... stay tuned.
This park has a lot going for it. I figure a hotel with indoor waterpark will come here on the plot of land where the Kingswood Music Theatre is.
It would be nice if they actually bothered to update their circa 1981 disgusting washrooms.
The washrooms and the front gate are horrible. I'd love to see the continuation of theming as well like they did with Frontier Canada. Also bring that theming into everything, ie. the washrooms even. I want to feel fully in the theme. Even have different uniforms for the ride operators in the park for the different themed areas would be cool.

I could see them repurpose Crystal Arcade as a station with enough que for the interior an direct access to the tunnel underneath.

Unless we see substaintial widening on that underground tunnel in the next few weeks, I doubt it'll be a B&M and more likely be a two seater Vekoma/Gerstlauer launch out of the mountain and into the SkyFlyer plot.

The park needs a lot of upgrades to keep up with demand on our aging infrastructure... they're implementing faster security features under the Leviathan turn around which should greatly reduce long lines, but the food services and washrooms are two aspects that need a lot of upgrades, even with Lazy Bear Lodge. Perhaps if that hotel comes into fruition, they could add another sit down restaraunt on the main floor for park access guests with sufficient washrooms and then the other floors would be the hotel with a coaster interaction in the future.

I wonder if there's appetite for a new concert hall in a new hotel, etc.? With Sobeys Stadium about to do concerts this summer, and ticket prices seeing crazy growth, the demand might be there? The GTA -- and especially York Region -- is a very different place from when Kingswood closed in 1999, given the 2M bump in population.

As a Metrolinx employee, I find it extremely hard to be silent with some insider information. One always wants to share in exciting news, but understand the limitations.

I don't work for CW, but I want to always be careful in releasing information I get from sources so as not to get them in any difficulty.

In general, I and a source agree on when info can be released, or in some cases, its left to me, w/the understanding I will exercise some sensible discretion. For instance, not letting the info out right away, so there's a bit of distance between when my source was looped in vs when the info becomes public; how widely the info is circulating (if only 5 people know, releasing probably puts someone at risk, if 25 know, not so much).

At the 1:50 mark you can see an alleged footing which would be in preparation for a ground based launch coaster which would take out the possibility of most B&Ms (especially invert, flying or wing). There is still space left just to the right of the future track for maintenance purposes, but this is huge news! I'm looking forward to seeing a new manufacturer in the park.

Now we need to find out which location the station the ride will start out at and if it'll just be a spike up the mountain or a full-circuit track going around the mountain and out towards the SkyFlyer plot.

Back