News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 482     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Need Directions from Scarborough to Vaughan on public transit

The afternoon is better for taking GO up to Rutherford (well, you can't take it at all in the morning). Might as well try GO one day and then try TTC/YRT another day.

Well on Friday I need to be there at 1 o'clock in the afternoon, but I will be going regularly in the afternoon (after 3pm) on some weekdays.

In that case you may as well avoid downtown altogether. GO is reliable for AM/PM peak but dodgy thereafter. I have 2 suggestions.

Take the SRT northbound to Scarbourough Centre then take the 190 bus to Don Mills. From there travel westbound to Sheppard-Yonge then northbound to Finch where you can access VIVA. I'd suggest boarding VIVA from Don Mills but the service there is less frequent. At Finch the bus runs every 10 minutes. From there travel northbound to either Richmond Hill Centre or Carville/16th. At 16th (which becomes Rutherford) you'd then board a local bus and head westbound for Dufferin.

Option 2. You'd transfer from the blue line to the purple line at Richmond Hill. Get off at Dufferin/7 and wait for the 105 northbound. You don't have to pay again, just show your transfer. Hope that helps :)!

The RT/190/Sheppard combo takes longer than Kennedy-Yonge & Bloor-Finch. Not only is it transfer city, you risk getting stuck in Sheppard traffic.

I think taking the 105 from Downsview is the fastest and most direct way. Don't bother with VIVA Blue, because the YRT 85 route is too infrequent and it is just another transfer.

Sheppard, Danforth, and YUS extensions would shave at least 30 minutes off of his trip.

Might as well try the Dufferin bus one day and Viva Blue from Finch the next day...but trips that long are always so variable that you may not be able to tell if there's a meaningful difference.

Well, if anyone's interested, I took the trip today, using the Downsview-105 route. It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes.

i don't know how long it takes from scarborough to bloor-yonge, but from bloor station to finch is aroudn 25 min and then if u catch he viva blue right as u get off the subway, it's around 25 min to 16th/carville as well. so it's about a 50min-1 hour ride from bloor. add that with the time it take from scarbourough and the time it would take from yonge to dufferin and u'll get ur total.

i would say from yonge to dufferin is about 10min ride on the bus. so i sure taking this is route would be faster than 2 hour and 15 min.

The Rutherford bus is every half an hour, even during rush hours. That's a long time to wait at an intersection in Richmond Hill if you just miss one. Plus, that route has an extra transfer.

But if you're able to make a reasonable connection to the 85 bus at Yonge & 16th/Carrville, it will be a considerably faster trip...more like 90 minutes instead of 135. The 105 is also every half hour during the day.

The Rutherford bus is every half an hour, even during rush hours. That's a long time to wait at an intersection in Richmond Hill if you just miss one. Plus, that route has an extra transfer.

but if you time ur connection properly u can gain a good amount of time. and it really doesn't matter cuz the 105 takes half an hour just to get to dufferin. but like u said, the up side is one less transfer.

Back