News   May 01, 2024
 347     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 360     0 

Mutiny as passengers refuse to fly until Asians are removed

A

Abeja de Almirante

www.dailymail.co.uk/pages...ge_id=1770
Passengers refuse to allow holiday jet to take off until two Asian men are thrown off plane. British holidaymakers staged an unprecedented mutiny - refusing to allow their flight to take off until two men they feared were terrorists were forcibly removed....
I'm not sure how I would have reacted, but if I people getting off the plane, I'd likely get off too. It's not a fair world for peaceful Muslims today that's for certain.

Re: Mutiny as passengers refuse to fly until Asians are remo

Moved to General Discussions - not really a transportation issue with regards to Toronto.

AoD

Sikhs On A Plane?

All together now:

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

I actually saw South Pacific at the Stratford festival this year. Cynthia Dale is still a hottie.

Oy. I can't see her now without remembering her tribute to Jennifer at the Geminis a couple of years ago: "MY SIS-tah! My MUUUUUUUUSSSSSSEEEEEE!"

Are you kidding me? I still can't get my head around the fact that sultry Olivia Novak is doing the nasty with...Peter Mansbridge, who himself bagged Wendy Mesley. The guy must be hung to the ground or something, jeez....

The guy must be hung to the ground or something, jeez....
$$$$$$$$$$$$

The talk of Cynthia Dale, Wendy Mesley and Peter made me think for a sec that I logged into eFrank rather than UT.

bb, why do you say "Sikhs On A Plane?" I saw no indication in the article that the suspected men were Sikh.

I stirred the insane passenger paranoia to a rolling boil, added a pinch of visible-minority-group of choice, stirred in a soupcon of contemporary popular culture for cheap effect, and served it up ...

bb, why do you say "Sikhs On A Plane?" I saw no indication in the article that the suspected men were Sikh.

I think he was making a witty reference to the film "Snakes on a Plane."

I think he was making a witty reference to the film "Snakes on a Plane."

... just in case you didn't understand babel's above explanation.

"Sikhs On A Plane"

plus, over in Britain Indians (or South Asians) are typically referred to generically as "Asian".

I think it's mainly a north american thing that we consider only orientals to be asians, while south asians are more commonly referred to as Indians, Pakistanis, etc. To me, if you're from asia and of asian heritage/blood (as opposed to, for example, a German born in China, you're asian.

Back