News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 365     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 934     1 

Music Stores (HMV, Virgin, Sunrise)

^I think it's meant to be HMV. I also use the HMV and Gap stores as stairs the concourse level!

I forgot about Cherokee too.

"Likewise w/HMV at Holt Renfrew. (And at Yonge-Eg, for that matter...)"
"But HMV works as an impulse buy in some instances."

You step into the Holt Renfrew HMV and the first and only thing you see is the escalator...you're in and out of the store within 10 seconds...you turn your head and see the Hilary Duff posters, but since you're already on the escalator, it's too late and you don't stop. At least at the Yonge & Eglinton HMV, there is only a down escalator to facilitate entry and discourage exits - the store layout also places an obstacle course of displays between the concourse mall entrance and the stairs leading up to Yonge.

I wonder why they want to open in the TD Centre? There's a store in First Canadian Place 2 minutes away.
Because it's floor space to sales ratio does far better than any other in the chain. I think there's easily room for another HMV in the P.A.T.H. personally.

As for Dufferin Mall, I have no idea where those stores are going.

Sign is up at the big box complex on Laird south of Eglinton "The Sony Store" is "opening soon".

Sign is up at the big box complex on Laird south of Eglinton "The Sony Store" is "opening soon".
There's an HMV opening up in that complex soon too.

Are there any good stores in Toronto that have hard-to-find CD's? A better selection than HMV? There are certain CD's that I can't find anywhere.

Speaking of HMV, anyone know why the HMV on the lower level at Square One closed down? Anyone know why they opened it at all? Was it supposed to be only temporary?

Could you elaborate as to what you're looking for? It's key information.

I am looking for all three the Gandharvas albums. The last one is somewhat easy to get online, but the first two are not available anywhere I have seen. MP3's are not available either except for the singles, and even downloading those was difficult.

I remember that HMV used to sell stuff online but for some reason they stopped. Their stores have a very limited selection, it is mostly DVD's now, and they recently added video games to mix and reduced the selection of music even further.

I am looking for all three the Gandharvas albums. The last one is somewhat easy to get online, but the first two are not available anywhere I have seen. MP3's are not available either except for the singles, and even downloading those was difficult.

I remember that HMV used to sell stuff online but for some reason they stopped. Their stores have a very limited selection, it is mostly DVD's now, and they recently added video games to mix and reduced the selection of music even further.

I just checked amazon and there were plenty of copies of all three albums. Ebay too.

Back