3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Museum Station

More treasures from Spadina Station:

From Spacing post

Exit? Which way?

1794907687_800da4c766_o.jpg

Catch the problems with this map in the Walmer exit.

1794907485_cfa4284c83_o.jpg

Hmm. Quickly?

Why is the Spadina line shown so much thicker than the Bloor-Danforth?
Why is it not shown running alongside the Bloor-Danforth as it goes off the map?
Why is the underground pedestrian access between the two Spadina stations not indicated?
They seem to be running the old Spadina bus from south of Bloor into the station still, and not the new streetcar route.

1. Correct!
2. Who knows? It does run on top of the B-D line through St. George.
3. Yep!
4. If the fact that the Spadina bus is still shown (the 77 number since recycled into the Swansea route, a simplification of the old 71 and 79 routings south of Bloor) isn't bad enough, the Walmer Road entrance opened a full three years after Spadina was converted back.
5. (You missed this one) The Night bus on Bloor is shown as route 310, not 300. The 310 is the Bathurst night bus.

Shon, based on the size of the type, maybe I can be forgiven for missing 5.

Caught these as I was heading home after the Jarvis Slip Presentation and jump off the train to take them.

Work was taking place on them and look like one has replace out of the 3 exposed outside the hording.

2210806331_c2137a4ba4_b.jpg

2210867181_9b00d5def3_b.jpg

Was at the station early and saw a new bench near the stairs has been installed.

Notice caulk line on the ceiling either for the ceiling framing or new electrical wiring. The 3rd Museum framing is finish with one more to go. I also notices a number of columns unwrap behind the hording.

Some of the twin columns have received new decortication on either side of them as well between them. They have been rewrapped.

Looks like this work is not going to be finish until late Feb.

2211666614_5718b21eb2_b.jpg

How long before they're defaced?

That's what I said when I spoke to Giambroni. He told me that they're going to be painted by artists first and then covered in a glass type layer then can be washed in the case of people writing on them, gluing posters, etc.

I still wonder how it'll hold up but I'm a little more optimistic.

The TTC has a pretty good record still of keeping its stations free of vandalism and posters. Despite some scrafitti in subway cars (and a whole lot on the new film installed in the streetcar windows supposedly supposed to protect from it), the vehicles are quite free of it as well.

Back