News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Moss Park / Queen & Sherbourne

Thankfully not. Their new location is far more convenient (for me, anyway...)

Thanks to Darkstar for pointing it out to me! King Palace: Home of 78 different combo meals and creative pricing!

I was trying to think of a name for the new location; maybe a good name for the upper Church quasi-nabe is "Christadelphia"...

I think they should just abolish Coffee Time. Every single one seems to be breeding grounds for the shadiest customers, poor management, and sub-par conditions. They always seem to be the hang-outs for drug dealing types, and I always get a bad vibe in them.

From Newmarket, to the Toronto locations, I've never had a pleasant experience in a Coffee Time. Their food and coffee is terrible, and after the displeasure of seeing their pre-baked-the-day-before donuts sitting in a stack of crushed greasy boxes upon delivery at 3 AM, I'll never go into one again.

im a university student moving to dundas & sherbourne next week. can anybody tell me any good/cheap places to eat and things to do for fun around here. thanks.

im a university student moving to dundas & sherbourne next week. can anybody tell me any good/cheap places to eat and things to do for fun around here. thanks.

You are moving to ground zero of the Toronto drug and prostitution world.

Hey, that could count as fun.

Im guessing the building right on Dundas and Sherbourne?

So ive been living in this area for a few months now and it already feels like home. I cant imagine living somewhere without homeless people, drug addicts and prostitutes.

Seriously though... It hasnt been as bad as it is made out to be. I live on Jarvis and have yet to see a prosititute on the street. (Though I have seen many on Church) The druggies generally keep to themselves and the homeless people are all regulars to me. They are nice people and some always say hello now when I walk by. I actually feel a lot safer walking around at night now that I know a lot of the homeless people. I have been mugged once but had nothing for them to take. This happened on Mutual/Dundas though so I dont think it relates to Moss Park. Just goes to show that you can be in a rough area of the city, but not find trouble until you leave it.

I have been mugged once but had nothing for them to take. This happened on Mutual/Dundas though so I dont think it relates to Moss Park. Just goes to show that you can be in a rough area of the city, but not find trouble until you leave it.

"Mugged"?

As I recall he left you alone when you lied and said you didn't have your wallet. That's hardly getting mugged, my friend...

Hey... he was in the process of mugging... I just interupted!

Maybe if you were in class that day / week / month it wouldn't have happened. He would have known you were a poor student and left you alone.

Just curious Tuscani, roughly what time did it happen at? Was there anyone else around?

I've been living downtown for over 10 years now (and have lived in a few dodgy hoods), but have yet to be mugged. Still, I think I was being scoped out a few times, but for whatever reason they backed off.

Just curious Tuscani, roughly what time did it happen at? Was there anyone else around?

I've been living downtown for over 10 years now (and have lived in a few dodgy hoods), but have yet to be mugged. Still, I think I was being scoped out a few times, but for whatever reason they backed off.

I had been here 3 months and already got to experience it! It was actually in daylight. Around 8pm in August. It was 3 guys and no one else was around. It was right by the Merchandise building. They backed off as soon as I said I had nothing.

I have never felt unsafe in this city. Even in that incident, I knew I was in an area where lots of people usually walk by and never once did I think I feel like I was in danger. I still walk that way, mostly late at night since thats when I do my shopping, and still feel safe.

The next week, someone at work was mugged on her way to work... 5am. The guy didn't even ask her to pull out her wallet. He just started beating her up. That was far from downtown in a residential neigbourhood and there was no one around.

well, speaking of mugging, this is very off topic, but some guys tried to take my iPod last year in the subway. I was holding it, while standing on the platform, and when the train came, a bunch of guys came out, about 16-17 years old (I'm 15), and one tried to take it, but then just walked on, and another tried and actually held on until the subway operator came out asking what was going on.

Back