News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 521     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

More Lost Toronto in colour

I don't know, I think that Clarendonesque toughness was just right--and also gave it a bit of a sophisticated British touch. (I always identify those heavy-serif Clarendon and Profil-type fonts with post-WWII Britain, the same spirit that brought Peter Dickinson to these parts.)

I don't know, I think that Clarendonesque toughness was just right--and also gave it a bit of a sophisticated British touch. (I always identify those heavy-serif Clarendon and Profil-type fonts with post-WWII Britain, the same spirit that brought Peter Dickinson to these parts.)

1247037_Crinson_6_4_10.jpg

1247033_209.jpg

Truck of artist Mark di Suvero 1967:

f1598_fl0003_id0001.jpg

f1598_fl0003_id0004.jpg

Everyone: As a license plate collector I decided to look at a NY Blue plate (1966-1973) distribution list that I have and that COM plate pictured 142-947 was issued
at the New York County (Manhattan) District DMV office...I like pictures like this because I am interested particularly in NY's YOM (Year-Of-Manufacture) re-registration
policies concerning vintage plates like these that are at least 25 years old and I like seeing older plates pictured when they were in actual use also...LI MIKE

Last edited:
From the CN Tower, 1976-81:

cars3.jpg

cars4.jpg

cars5.jpg

cars2.jpg

cars.jpg

cars6.jpg

Charioteer: These CN Tower pictures are prime examples of how memorable visiting the CN Tower is...
It is something if you are interested like I am you won't forget...

If you find any more good CN Tower views from the Toronto Archives or elsewhere from the 70s and 80s don't hesitate to post them-I'm always interested...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
Who thought a parking lot could actually look neat? I love the circular lines. The cars in those days had so much character. Now they look as bland as our condos.

"My current daily driver," QUOTE mattelderca.

A large and solid automobile which was better built than a Cadillac Fleetwood. (I owned both.)

These were true "highway cars" and even with that 440 cid engine, gave rather good mileage.

Regards, and safe driving,
J T

I'm getting the feeling there was a greater variety of car colours back in the Seventies. All you see now are white, black, silver and beige.

Those are probably the top colours, but red/burgundy is fairly popular, and dark blue after that. But I agree on the larger variety statement for the 70s. Green cars seem to have almost completely faded away, other than the odd British Racing Green Mini.

My current daily driver, I spent some time looking down at that parking lot for the same roofline!
Picture056.jpg

Chrysler Royal Monaco? My parents had a Silver 1977 when I was 16. Having been in Canada for only 2 years at the time I though it was very cool.

Back