News   Apr 26, 2024
 509     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 379     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 577     0 

Mobilia Furniture

Sebo2000, Hi I was wondering if you made any purchase at Kudos? And is their service good? Because I'm planning to go there to buy some stuff but don't want to go through what ppl went through with Mobilia.

Please do not buy from Mobilia.

Unfortunately, I did not read any reviews until after I had problems with this store. Please, if you read this do not deal with this company.

I won't go into all the details (too long to write), to summarise, I never got the chairs that I bought and after contacting Mobilia, at the store and customer service, many calls and a return to the store, I cancelled my order. Now many weeks alter I am still waiting for a refund. They just plainly do not respond to customers after the goods have been payed for. It's that simple.

Luckily, I made the purchase through Visa and I have lodged a dispute and I am expecting a full refund (this can take up to 8 weeks to process).

For me, this has been a huge learning exercise, and I hope that it wasn't too costly.

Unfortunately, I did not read any reviews until after I had problems with this store. Please, if you read this do not deal with this company.

I won't go into all the details (too long to write), to summarise, I never got the chairs that I bought and after contacting Mobilia, at the store and customer service, many calls and a return to the store, I cancelled my order. Now many weeks alter I am still waiting for a refund. They just plainly do not respond to customers after the goods have been payed for. It's that simple.

Luckily, I made the purchase through Visa and I have lodged a dispute and I am expecting a full refund (this can take up to 8 weeks to process).

For me, this has been a huge learning exercise, and I hope that it wasn't too costly.

It says that you can cancel your order 48 hours after purchase, any time after that the sale is final. How long, after you purchased the item, did you go back to the store to cancel the order?

Also, how long did you wait for the chairs until you decided to go to the store to cancel your order? It's not unheard of to wait 8 weeks for certain products.

I am curious to know the entire story.

I do not work for Mobilia, nor do I have any affiliation with Mobilia (a part from the fact that I have purchased items from them in the past and had no issues at all), however I am bothered by the fact that this thread in particular has become a dumping ground for people whom have had poor experiences, due to a fault of their own or the stores.

Not 48hrs

Hi,

No I waited approximately 8 weeks for the chairs to arrive before I canceled my order. And still they were not in stock, and the store could not tell me when they would arrive. That's the big problem here, the store almost never contacts the customer after the money has been paid.

Yes you are right, this thread is a lot of complaining, but this is because our experience is so frustrating and Mobilia just doesn't have any interest in satisfying their customers.

I'm happy that you had good experiences, but I think you were very lucky.

It says that you can cancel your order 48 hours after purchase, any time after that the sale is final. How long, after you purchased the item, did you go back to the store to cancel the order?

Also, how long did you wait for the chairs until you decided to go to the store to cancel your order? It's not unheard of to wait 8 weeks for certain products.

I am curious to know the entire story.

I think he gave the entire story. How would he have known within the first 48 hours that two months later they would be giving him the run-around? I'm not sure how the 48-hour cancellation period is relevant here. And while it might not be unheard of to wait 8 weeks for certain products, that is usually in cases where one is told upfront about how long it will take to fulfill a particular order. Most people would not be as patient as you in cases where the product still hadn't arrived after two months, without any explanation or indication as to when it would arrive.

I think he gave the entire story. How would he have known within the first 48 hours that two months later they would be giving him the run-around? I'm not sure how the 48-hour cancellation period is relevant here. And while it might not be unheard of to wait 8 weeks for certain products, that is usually in cases where one is told upfront about how long it will take to fulfill a particular order. Most people would not be as patient as you in cases where the product still hadn't arrived after two months, without any explanation or indication as to when it would arrive.

There is no store that can give you an exact date when your product(s) will arrive. Most stores say it can take up to 4-8 weeks for delivery. Either you get it at 4 weeks or you have to sit and wait longer (if it's not in stock). I am not sitting here and saying that I've had perfect experiences with every store that I have shopped at (and I've purchased items from Decorium, Urban Barn, Selene Furniture etc..). There were times where I had to wait months for orders myself and had to call the places to get "updates". You are right, I am generally a patient person.

Jim R, you should have received a response from them informing you that your order may have been delayed. I do understand that it's frustrating to sit and wait and wait...and wait and not hear anything. Sometimes it does mean pushing and shoving to get somewhere. I agree with you on that part, that it would have been nice for Mobilia to give you some sort of sign that your product was en route.

Sometimes these stores are at the mercy of the manufacturer. If there is a delay from them, then there's not much they can do. But yes, informing the customer would be a start.

Very poor quality of Mobilia’s Natuzzi sofas

My story:

Aug 8, 2012 – My husband and I purchased Natuzzi leather sofa, loveseat and armchair from Dixie / Dundas Mobilia store (our sales person was Irina Kaboulova). The total purchase price (tax, delivery, leather treatment) was 4,832.96. We paid $1,208 upfront and have made two payments of $151 each so far.

Aug 17, 2012 – sofa set was delivered
September 2012 – a friend of mine came over and saw the new sofa set for the first time and commented: “…the leather is really nice, the three seater looks like it’s ten years old…”

Beginning of October – I called Mobilia’s customer service and spoke with Lisa to arrange a service call. I explained that when I sit down on the three seater I “sink in”… Overall, the wear and tear on the three seater was significant. My husband, who is 6 foot 2, 265 pounds, sits on the three seater. We hardly have anyone over during the week and on the weekend.

October 18, 2012 – John, one of service techs, who I understand is an independent contractor working with Fusion Pro, came to our condo to service the sofa (the three seater). John worked on fixing 2 things:
1. The suspension (He took the entire three seater apart and tightened the belts. The tighter the belts, the less we will sink in.)
2. The front panel was coming undone (He took the panel off by removing the staples. He put it back on the frame and stapled it again. He ensured that the staples were close together and he reassured me that the front panel will no longer come off the rest of the frame).

Second half of October, November 2012 – it was apparent that the wear and tear on the three seater was not fixed by John. The suspension was fixed a little bit (we were not sinking in as much when we sat down on the three seater). I called Lisa from customer service again and explained the issue.

November 2, 2012 - John, the service tech, came out for the second time. He took a look at the three seater again. He did no fixing this time around. John reported to Lisa that the wear and tear on the thee seater was normal.

Mid November 2012 – I spoke with Lisa, explaining that the wear and tear cannot be normal. My mom has a leather sofa set from Ashley’s, which is more than 3 years old, which is used much more than our three seater and which is in much better shape than ours. She suggested that the foam in the cushions be replaced. I didn’t accept the offer as it didn’t make sense to me. There was no point in replacing the foam in the cushions when the entire frame was worn down (i.e. I truly believe that if my husband, his friend and my dad sit on the sofa at the same time that the frame will brake).

November 26, 2012 – I spoke with Sue Lukewich, after sales service supervisor, from customer service and repeated what I had already said to Lisa.

November 28, 2012 – I went to the store and spoke with Ivan, the store manager. I wanted to get my money back and have Mobilia take the sofa set back. I wanted to speak with Irina as well. However, she wasn’t there. Ivan was not hearing what I was saying. He simply repeated that Mobilia cannot fulfill my request and that they have had no issue with Natuzzi sofas.

November 28, 2012 – Sue came out to my condo and had a look at the three seater. After more than an hour of discussion, Sue said the best she can do is exchange my three seater for a new one. I explained to Sue that the exchange did not make sense to me and that I wanted to return the set and get my money back. The exchange does not make sense to me because:
1. The front panel, which John fixed on October 18, 2012, (not even two months ago) is coming undone again. It is clear that the sofa frame is not made for big people like my husband. I’m about 145 pounds and there is no issue on the loveseat. Sue explained that Natuzzi says there are no weight restrictions. That could be the theory; however the reality is that every time my husband sits on the three seater I’m afraid the frame is going to brake. Irina, the sales person, saw my husband and I’m very frustrated and disappointed that she simply didn’t tell us that the sofa will be no good for us. We live in a small condo, so the simple and slender look of the sofa set suited us very well. Unfortunately, the frame of the sofa is of very poor quality and is not able to hold the weight of my husband. And of course, there was no way for us to assess the quality of the frame, as we sat on the store sofa for a few minutes. Irina kept saying that Natuzzi is a very famous brand and that the sofa set will last a long time. Well, it didn’t even last 3 months.
2. The sofa set is made in China. So the new sofa, which is scheduled to be delivered Dec 7th, will be made of the same material as the first one (particle board, wood, loose belts, soft foam). I told Sue that 3 months from now, we will be standing in my kitchen and will be having the same conversation again and I’ll be asking for my money back again and to return the set. She said let’s cross that bridge when we get to it.
What will happen?
Time will surely show.

Sue: Thank you for coming out to see the sofa.
Mobilia / Natuzzi: Please take your sofa set back and give me my money back. I don’t have time to deal with the above nonsense. I have a five month old baby who needs me and I will have even less time when I go back to work.

Mobilia / Natuzzi: Please take your sofa set back and give me my money back. I don’t have time to deal with the above nonsense. I have a five month old baby who needs me and I will have even less time when I go back to work.

Good luck with that! You haven't even paid the entire amount of the sofa and you want your money back? If anything, you went into a contract with them and have withstanding payments (over $3,000 judging by your calculations which will accumulate with interest since you are on a payment plan). Looks like you're screwed - have fun with that! :)

Hi,

I have found a great sectional which I really liked at Mobilia store. I need it for a condo, so it wasn't so easy to find something which fit good for condo size and have a great design.
Before my purchase I found this site and red all comments about Mobilia.
Honestly I was a little bit scared, but decided to take a risk.

Sale person on the floor Irina was really helpful, I just said her what my maximum dimensions should be and she showed me all possible options with leather/fabric sectionals.
So, I purchased it.

The sectional I choose was in stock and I got it delivered in a week after my purchase.
Delivery guys were absolutely great, they took off their shoes before entering my unit and were very accurate (my corridor is quite narrow), unpacked, removed all packaging materials, placed it exactly where I told them.
So, I was almost happy, but a little bit later when bright sun has gone away ( I have a glass wall and it was really hard to notice it with sun) I found that color on the sofa and chase doesn't much. Both pieces were white, but chase was darker in color.
Not so hard to imagine what I thought after this :)
But what to do? I phoned aftersales support and have been told that technician will come to check it next week.
Technician showed up in time, told me that it could be normal for the leather but he made some pictures and promised to check if he find the same color difference on other items in stock.
Next day I got a phone call from service, they said me about replacement and asked when I want it to be delivered.
Yesterday I got a new sectional (same delivery guys). This time everything looks OK and colors absolutely match.

So, I am a happy customer now despite of this small issue with the first sectional. I think it could happen to any manufacture and usually people post on forums when something is wrong and never go to them if everything is ok.
I will definitely visit Mobilia again if I need anything else.

Mobilia poor Quality Control

I bought the Fortuna leather sectional and sofa from their Markham location since Christmas and after 2 replacements they still do not have it right. I've had to take 3 days off work and mop up the floors 3 times now. How hard is it to check the sofa for imperfections before delivery? First set, the head rest for the chaise was about 1" shorter that the other section. Second set, delivery man wouldn't even let me accept the sofa because it was already ripped when they took off the packaging. Third set (yesterday), head rest all creased up and seats don't align. Again, the delivery man agrees and wouldn't let me accept the delivery. This is terrible. I'm asking for a full refund plus delivery and no one has called me back.

Your story about Mobilia is so familiar. I bought a Dinning Room set and the table was defective. After several weeks a replacement came. It too was defective. After about 9 months of ........ I was told the table was no longer available. I wanted to return. They said no way. I mean I was all matching. LOL
I ended up with a glass table (I hate glass tables) that kind of matched.

It was such a nightmare dealing with these people.

Well its been about 4 years and I finally gave the whole set away. Bought a wood one.

But NOT FROM MOBILIA

Hilarious thread. I especially like the "Mobilia dude" who keeps popping by to ask for invoice numbers and resolve issues. Dude, why not do that AT YOUR WORK!? You know, where customers come with complaints in the first place? Instead of trolling forums and seeking to resolve issues via mysterious PMs. Weirdo.

Ditto: never shop @ #mobilia

Absolutely right! Thank you for starting this post. The Dixie store was ever so keen to sell me the the white, leather, electronic sofa recliner. Took 4 months to deliver. In the first week the extending recliner got stuck and wouldn't return to the original position. Took 3 weeks to get a technician to visit. They said they had to wait for the motor order. The motor replacement was not required! 4 months later, same problem. Called customer service they immediately said they had to order a cord! It's now 2 weeks and nobody knows whether the order has been received or cares to answer my voicemails. I have no idea when anybody is going to get back to me. Not sure what to do. Hate #mobilia. Would never recommend them.

“Never EVER shop at Mobilia Furniture. You will be sorryâ€, said a wise friend of mine. I didn’t listen. I’m now paying the price.

I bought piece of furniture at their Dixie store in Mississauga. It was defective. Actually, it was shockingly defective. I returned it. For six weeks they have been lying to me and giving me the runaround on what is happening with it. Lie after lie after lie. No one wants to take responsibility and no one has the power to do anything. Not even their store manager has the authority to process a refund.

I want my money back. They refuse and are essentially holding me ransom for a 20% restocking fee.

But... Apparently my replacement item is coming tomorrow. (They’ve been saying that almost every day for 6 weeks).

A quick Google search reveals countless horrible stories and a slew of angry customer reviews and opinions. I cannot believe the number of nightmare stories I’ve since heard from colleagues and friends.

Their customer service is abysmal. Once they make the sale the salespeople wash their hands of you and will never take your calls or want to speak to you again. They do not care what happens to you. (I am not exaggerating). You become the problem of the dingy and pathetic excuse for a customer service department. They lie. And lie. And lie. At no time will anyone even attempt to apologize for the defective product or for anything at all. You are trapped and at their mercy.

Trying to talk to someone with any sort of power is fruitless. No one – not even a manager -- can do refunds or solve the problem. They will just keep passing you along.

It’s like there’s this sad corporate culture of how it’s perfectly acceptable to let their customers know they are not a priority. I was constantly made to feel insignificant.

It is shameful that companies like this can exist for so long. Do not support Mobilia Furniture.

I apologize for my rant here, but I can honestly say that after more than 20 years living in Toronto, my experience with Mobilia Furniture is hands down the WORST customer service experience I've ever had to deal with.

Suing Mobilia?

I am very interested in working with anyone who is already in the process of suing Mobilia. My couch was so poorly made that it has scratched my hardwood floors. The couch has also started falling apart in other ways....Please get in touch!

Condo Furniture - Where to buy?

To the original poster:

Thank you for posting this review!! We are in the process of moving, and we need to buy some new furniture. Mobilia was one of the places that we were considering for furniture purchases. Not any more! I also use the homestars website, and I've had very good experiences with the vendors recommended on that site. Homestars is a reliable resource for evaluating services/stores. Someone mentioned, earlier, that mobilia had very low scores -- and this just reinforces my decision not to shop there. Now, I am going to do a websearch on each of the stores we are considering. Better safe than sorry!

O.P. -- No doubt, you've saved me a lot of grief! (Sorry for your troubles, though)

I'll be moving soon and I hate packing/unpacking. Moving is a pain!!! Anyway, does anyone know a good place to buy decent condo furniture in Toronto or online that ships to Toronto?

Back