News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 580     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

iRwBDkW.jpg

Does anyone know if you still need to go to Union to clear a negative balance on your Presto card?

Im in negative and reloaded my card. Just want to know if I can start using it right away tomorrow or whether I'll need to go to Union to reset it?

The website just says:

"Once your card goes into a negative balance, you will need to load funds in order to use it for further travel."

Does anyone know if you still need to go to Union to clear a negative balance on your Presto card?

Im in negative and reloaded my card. Just want to know if I can start using it right away tomorrow or whether I'll need to go to Union to reset it?

The website just says:

"Once your card goes into a negative balance, you will need to load funds in order to use it for further travel."
Should be fine unless it already stopped working. They removed the need to go in person a while ago. Doesn't have to be Union. Any GO station - or presumably TTC customer service at Davisville. I'd give yourself a little extra time next trip just in case though.

A regular website load will now also restore the function of the card too.

Saw new presto loading machines at st andrew

So far, TTC wise, they've deployed Dundas W, Bathurst, Spadina, Museum, Queen's Park, St. Patrick, and St. Andrew very rapidly, I think it's been only the last two weeks or so for all of them (Union having been done a while back). Great to see.

One of the various relevant twitter accounts (Presto, Metrolinx, TTC, Brad Ross) said that all of the currently-Presto-equipped stations are slated to receive the machines during this round of deployment. Certainly looks like the Downtown U is being worked through fairly linearly.

i think that is the plan....has the caveat of "eventually" I believe...but yes.
TTC has talked about very quickly discontinuing tokens, tickets, and physical passes very soon after Presto is fully implemented. And implementation remains on schedule to be complete in about 15 months. I suspect it will slip a few months, but the days are numbered.

TTC has talked about very quickly discontinuing tokens, tickets, and physical passes very soon after Presto is fully implemented. And implementation remains on schedule to be complete in about 15 months. I suspect it will slip a few months, but the days are numbered.
Yep...absolutely true....just put those modifiers in my response because I did not want to see my post quoted in 6 months saying "see, still using tokens".

Might just be a function of how our society operates these days but some people view 15 months as a really really long time.....reality is it is a blip of time that will zoom past fast.

Back