News   Apr 26, 2024
 77     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 305     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 514     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

I have being saying this for years. Now the CEO is gone who head I have calling for the past 5 years, next is the chair follow by Leslie Woo. The BOD need people who really understand transit and that change starts with the Province itself.

Also, the province needs to give Metrolinx more power that I said should happen when it was only a bill at the time, as well march to its needs, not the pols needs.

Metrolinx needs an overhaul, not just an auditor general probe

I have being saying this for years. Now the CEO is gone who head I have calling for the past 5 years, next is the chair follow by Leslie Woo. The BOD need people who really understand transit and that change starts with the Province itself.

Also, the province needs to give Metrolinx more power that I said should happen when it was only a bill at the time, as well march to its needs, not the pols needs.

Metrolinx was set up to the the political arm of the MTO and Regional Planning. I think they have done an excellent job with that mandate.

Metrolinx doesn’t need more power. Not when it’s as secretive and corrupted as it presently is.

Ontario's AG should just begin a full audit of Metrolinx as a whole, forget about just looking into their Big Move plan. We need to see how truly corrupt they are and how Del Duca fully exploits them.

Ontario's AG should just begin a full audit of Metrolinx as a whole, forget about just looking into their Big Move plan. We need to see how truly corrupt they are and how Del Duca fully exploits them.

There have been 6 Ministers of Transportation in charge of Metrolinx under 2 different Premiers and 2 very different board structures; but Metrolinx behaviour over the last decade hasn't changed much at all.

Last edited:
Del Duca, and Murray before him, and Wynne before that, etc..

The common thread is the Liberal Party, and not the specific Minister.

What they need is to have representation from each of the transit agencies in the GTHA as part of the board.
Metrolinx (or GO) used to have municipal politicians on its Board. They were all removed as they 'failed to see the regional dimension' and all Directors are now (supposedly!!) independent and thoughtful people .....

Metrolinx (or GO) used to have municipal politicians on its Board. They were all removed as they 'failed to see the regional dimension' and all Directors are now (supposedly!!) independent and thoughtful people

They were removed because Metrolinx wasn't getting anything done at the time. The provincial government felt that the municipal politicians were purposely delaying projects like Presto and the extension of Go Train service to Kitchener, Barrie and Lincolnville.

They were removed because Metrolinx wasn't getting anything done at the time. The provincial government felt that the municipal politicians were purposely delaying projects like Presto and the extension of Go Train service to Kitchener, Barrie and Lincolnville.

Yes. And now Metrolinx has just transitioned to getting in the way of infrastructure development, to the benefit of their Liberal political masters. Such as the delays on implementation of the Eglinton, Finch and Sheppard LRTs, all for incredibly dubious reasons.

Such as the delays on implementation of the Eglinton, Finch and Sheppard LRTs, all for incredibly dubious reasons.

What delays are you talking about, what are the "dubious reasons" for them, and how do the Liberals benefit from delaying these projects?

What delays are you talking about, what are the "dubious reasons" for them, and how do the Liberals benefit from delaying these projects?

Early 2010s the TTC was nearly finished procuring the Crosstown LRT. Metrolinx suddenly decided they wanted Infrastructure Ontario to lead the procurement instead, and insisted that they could switch to the IO model without any delays. Metrolinx was warned that what they was trying to do was impossible. A year later they announced that the Crosstown LRT was , as warned, delayed by a year because they hadn’t finished the procurement process.

In 2015 Metrolinx (the Ontario Liberals) delayed the Sheppard East LRT by, I believe, seven years. Probably because the Scarborough Liberal Caucasus doesn’t actually want the LRT built, so they can campaign on a subway at some point in the future.

They’ve also delayed the Finch West LRT at least three separate times after the Ford/McGuinty thing.

Last edited:

Back