News   Apr 26, 2024
 671     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 236     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 716     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The real travesty isn't naming the Dufferin stop Fairbank, it's not naming the Bayview stop Sunnybrook. Trethewey for the Keele stop also makes too much sense.

Sunnybrook? Sunnybrook is a lot closer to Lawrence/Bayview than Eglinton. Call it Bayview or Bayview & Eglinton.

Why would it be named Sunnybrook?
Sunnybrook? Sunnybrook is a lot closer to Lawrence/Bayview than Eglinton. Call it Bayview or Bayview & Eglinton.

Exactly I don't get why this station should be called Sunnybrook. I actually don't mind the Leaside name. Not every station needs to be named after a street.

Exactly I don't get why this station should be called Sunnybrook. I actually don't mind the Leaside name. Not every station needs to be named after a street.
The problem with Leaside, is that the centre of Leaside is Eglinton/Laird. Using the name for a station on the very edge of Leaside could be confusing.

Reactions: PL1
The only attachment to Sunnybrook that Bayview and Eglinton has is that crappy strip mall that I live next to. And that strip mall is going to be turned into condos in the next 5 years anyway.

For local residents, Sunnybrook has always referred to either the hospital, or the park at Eglinton & Leslie. (Which is quite far away)

----

Now I don't think Leaside is a much better name. I will live 30 seconds walking distance from the future Bayview station and yet not reside in Leaside. :rolleyes:

The problem with Leaside, is that the centre of Leaside is Eglinton/Laird. Using the name for a station on the very edge of Leaside could be confusing.

Yeah but the station can be seen as the entrance into Leaside since its basically at the border. The Laird station could also have been called Leaside but I also don't mind this one.

Yeah but the station can be seen as the entrance into Leaside since its basically at the border. The Laird station could also have been called Leaside but I also don't mind this one.

Nope, it clearly marks the exit from Leaside, not the entrance!

Back