News   May 07, 2024
 246     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 281     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 295     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

There are no plans for a parking garage at Mt. Dennis. Just a Kiss-n'-Ride. However, most days there are traffic jams on Black Creek Drive, which runs from the 400 down to Weston Road, passing Eglinton Avenue West. With the opening of the Eglinton Crosstown LRT, I would expect there would be even more traffic and more slowdowns on Black Creek Drive.

I would like to see new HOV lanes (for buses and taxis only) added to Black Creek Drive from the 400 down to Photography Drive (south of Eglinton Avenue). Maybe the 195 Jane Express could use HOV lanes on Black Creek Drive to reach Mt. Dennis as its southern terminal. Maybe they could reinstate a temporary 58 Malton (Express) bus, from the airport and routing down Black Creek Drive from Lawrence Avenue West using the HOV lanes, until they extend the Eglinton Crosstown LRT to the YYZ airport.

What’s in a name
Metrolinx is asking for input on the naming of seven Crosstown stops — six above ground and one at street level — where the relevant cross-street names are already in use for other TTC stations. The public has until Friday, Oct. 9 to comment.

Names being considered include: Silverthorne (at Keele); Fairbank (at Dufferin); Forest Hill (at Bathurst); Oriole Park (at Avenue); Science Centre (at Don Mills); Leaside (at Bayview) and Aga Khan & Eglinton (at Ferrand). Metrolinx is trying to make sure each station name is unique. Names should be simple, logical and permanent so that they will be relevant for the life of the transit system. Street names, intersections, landmarks and neighbourhoods are naming priorities.

Why not Keele Midtown, Dufferin Midtown, Bathurst Midtown, Don Mills Midtown, Bayview Midtown, etc?

Naming stations after small nearby streets is a bad idea. People use station names to know which major throughfares they're at and orient themselves. Where the heck is Silverthorne? Fairbank? etc...

1. Never heard of Silverthorn
2. Never heard of Fairbank
3. Bayview & Eg = Leaside?
4. I demand the resignation of the Metrolinx people who disagree with me
5. Have a good day sir :)

That's nice and all, but make sure you submit it to Metrolinx Engage. They won't see your resignation demands if you only put it on UT ;)

Officially, we are still following Transit City that had an in-median LRT on Don Mills. It this occurs, there would no doubt be an LRT stop south at the actual Science Centre.

I am not sure how Metrolinx are keeping the percentages but this is what I get for Fairbank based on votes right now. The percentages are different on than what is stated on website which does not even equal 100%.
Strongly dislike - 35 votes = 32%
Dislike = 25 votes = 23%
Neutral 13 votes = 12%
Like = 13 votes = 12%
Strongly like = 23 votes = 21%

When I look at the votes for the other possible station names, none of the percentages add up to 100% but is way under. I can only imagine if this is how Metrolinx handles money. Or is it their way to pad the missing percentages to the like and strongly like categories at the end to get the names they want to come out on top.

I cannot believe Meterolinx will base the station names on the 100 or so people that respond to the survey

Last edited:
I am not sure how Metrolinx are keeping the percentages but this is what I get for Fairbank based on votes right now. The percentages are different on than what is stated on website which does not even equal 100%.
Strongly dislike - 35 votes = 32%
Dislike = 25 votes = 23%
Neutral 13 votes = 12%
Like = 13 votes = 12%
Strongly like = 23 votes = 21%

When I look at the votes for the other possible station names, none of the percentages add up to 100% but is way under. I can only imagine if this is how Metrolinx handles money. Or is it their way to pad the missing percentages to the like and strongly like categories at the end to get the names they want to come out on top.

I cannot believe Meterolinx will base the station names on the 100 or so people that respond to the survey

I wonder what will happen if people disagree with the station names. The whole point of the naming framework was to develop consistent naming standards across the region. Changing the names of these stations shatters that framework. Will they develop a new framework instead?

There can be the best of both worlds.

Let's go with Keelington, Dufflington, Bathlington, Leslington, etc for all the duplicate station names that is makes it unique and accommodates the naming convention at the same time.

Back