News   May 03, 2024
 821     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 519     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 256     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

Just to be clear, are you speculating that the government will cut the Metrolinx operating budget resulting in staff layoffs? I assume you're relying on what you've heard?
You assume wrong to the point of putting words into something I haven't said or stated.

Until the budget happens, we don't know if what has been plan will happen to the point it could be all, some or none at all.

Just because the budget may or may not cut doesn't mean jobs will be lost. It could be lack of new service, scale back on projects or what every and I am assuming nothing at this time.

We need to be concern who will become CEO down the line, but most of all having fear of some people gaining more power than they have now that can cause greater problems down the road. A number of use were talking about the change and someone made the statement about X people getting more power. I totally agree with it. to the point They are ones that need to be shown the door.

If the Libs stay in power, a new Ministry for MTO will replace the current one and is badly needed today.

You assume wrong to the point of putting words into something I haven't said or stated.

That's precisely why I asked for a clarification to your remark "More may surface when the budget gets announce in either April or May" and ended the sentence with a question mark. I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was simply asking you to further explain a specific line you used which you've done and confirmed that we don't know what will happen until the budget is released. Thanks.

Last edited:
I wonder what the odds are that the new CEO backs down on the law suit and renegotiated with Bombardier rather then trying to cancel the contract?

I wonder what the odds are that the new CEO backs down on the law suit and renegotiated with Bombardier rather then trying to cancel the contract?
The court will rule long before an CEO is found. There is no one in Metrolinx that is qualify to be an CEO from my point of view at this time.

The court will rule long before an CEO is found. There is no one in Metrolinx that is qualify to be an CEO from my point of view at this time.

What are the criteria for the CEO?
- a ex-Liberal MPP
- a large donor to the Liberal Party
- who knows how to siphon money into the Liberal Party
- who is willing to ignore principles as long as the Liberal Party is elected (actually i'm wrong..they would consider this their sole principle)

What are the criteria for the CEO?
- a ex-Liberal MPP
- a large donor to the Liberal Party
- who knows how to siphon money into the Liberal Party
- who is willing to ignore principles as long as the Liberal Party is elected (actually i'm wrong..they would consider this their sole principle)

Gordon Chong is still available. Har har.

AoD

I would nominate Ed Levy. Also it is important to keep in mind this isn't just about transit planning - it is also about running an organization with service delivery and gov/intergov relations arms.

AoD

I would nominate Ed Levy. Also it is important to keep in mind this isn't just about transit planning - it is also about running an organization with service delivery and gov/intergov relations arms.

AoD

Doubt he'd ever take it, not unless there were serious structural and governance changed at Metrolinx. Why would he want to be a lapdog for Queens Park?

Last edited:

Back