News   May 14, 2024
 872     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 523     0 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

The city just cleared out the many months old homeless encampment in the Kensington Market Bellevue Park. Took a fire to finally spur them to action 🤬

I voted yesterday at the Birchmount community centre and turnout was amazing! The woman who took my info said it was a steady lineup from the minute they opened the doors. I was there for maybe 10 minutes beginning to end and when I left the lineup was maybe 30 deep with more coming. I hope this carries on to the actual election day.

I voted yesterday at the Birchmount community centre and turnout was amazing! The woman who took my info said it was a steady lineup from the minute they opened the doors. I was there for maybe 10 minutes beginning to end and when I left the lineup was maybe 30 deep with more coming. I hope this carries on to the actual election day.

Interesting to contrast your experience voting w/that of @Richard White

Except for Myself, Kevin and the Staff nobody was there.

This will be a very low turnout election.

Which experience will end up being more representative?

Wonder what explains the difference (time of day, location etc)

And, whether that is indicative for any particular candidate of their vote coming out (or not)

Interesting to contrast your experience voting w/that of @Richard White

Which experience will end up being more representative?

Wonder what explains the difference (time of day, location etc)

And, whether that is indicative for any particular candidate of their vote coming out (or not)
I ran into 2 neighbours and all 3 of us voted for Suman Roy. Not indicative of anything, of course. I think I got there just before 11. The woman who took my card said it was a wonderful day for democracy and she was smiling from ear to ear because of the volume of people since 10 am. I really hope the numbers will be better than expected. I think a lot of people on various Facebook pages are really pissed off at Ghous for taking a leave of absence from the trustee job she was elected for last year. Add in that Crawford was highly unpopular here so maybe people are just excited about change.

News Release

November 27, 2023

Advance vote turnout for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election

A total of 4,374 eligible electors voted during the advance vote weekend on November 25 and 26 for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election for Councillor.

The following is a breakdown of the advance vote turnout:

• Saturday, November 25: 2,181

• Sunday, November 26: 2,193

News Release

November 27, 2023

Advance vote turnout for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election

A total of 4,374 eligible electors voted during the advance vote weekend on November 25 and 26 for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election for Councillor.

The following is a breakdown of the advance vote turnout:

• Saturday, November 25: 2,181

• Sunday, November 26: 2,193

That turnout is pretty grim.

I am expecting a 10-20% voter turnout.

So let me get this straight. In a single move, Chow just threw under the bus: (i) people who wanted to save Ontario Place. and (ii) people who wanted to tear down the eastern Gardner and free up land for redevelopment.

Don't blame me, I voted for Matlow

So let me get this straight. In a single move, Chow just threw under the bus: (i) people who wanted to save Ontario Place. and (ii) people who wanted to tear down the eastern Gardner and free up land for redevelopment.

Don't blame me, I voted for Matlow

Huh?

Back