News   May 21, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 657     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 499     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

https://twitter.com/c_9/status/575377173986557952

Toronto prop tax averaged 0.66% below inflation since amalgamation according to CFO.

That's just consumer inflation. The city's effective inflation rate, often called a Municipal Price Index, is always higher.

B_wmZjdVAAA7myG.png

Attachments

• B_wmZjdVAAA7myG.png
    B_wmZjdVAAA7myG.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 462
Speaker Nunziata had to call a 5 minute recess while security usher OCAP members out of the chamber because of OCAP's disruptions.

OCAP... Toronto Taxpayers Coalition... appear to be different, but I consider them the same. Two views of the same #TheDress or protest group.

More brainless shee-nanigans...

reporterdonpeat 12:00pm via Twitter Web Client
Photo of middle finger moment between Giorgio Mammoliti & John Tory.

View attachment 42670

"This is the finger I used to give Robbie his prostrate exam."

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 10m 10 minutes ago
John Tory tells Rob Ford he needs more money for the mayor's office budget b/c he's running it in a "professional manner" #TOpoli #BOOM

That was funny...

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 10m 10 minutes ago
John Tory tells Rob Ford he needs more money for the mayor's office budget b/c he's running it in a "professional manner" #TOpoli #BOOM

That was funny...

I'm not totally sold on how Tory is running things, but that kinda meshes with my perception of how Ford's approach to city finances wasn't really based on anything - just symbolically cutting a few little things here and there that represented stuff he didn't like, without any basis, and totally ignoring the question of revenue. Once again, Ford had no vision for the city, because he didn't care about the city.

With Tory at the helm I am fine with the tax increase.

so, he'll waste a billion dollars plus on a subway to nowhere differently than Ford how?
or is it the shell game economics of how he "balanced" the budget that impresses you?
perhaps his attempts at decimating planning, the ombudsman,integrity commissioners offices and oversight is what is most likable?
yeah, he's not drunk... but, he's still garbage.

Back