News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 366     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 939     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

I believe he made a rash deal with the garbage union in order for the city to look decent to impress the pan am committee. (rash in the sense that the union was about to give in and take a lesser deal while the city had become use to dealing with the garbage themselves)

I believe he made a rash deal with the garbage union in order for the city to look decent to impress the pan am committee. (rash in the sense that the union was about to give in and take a lesser deal while the city had become use to dealing with the garbage themselves)

So, you're talking about the garbage strike, then. OK, thx.

Dismissing staff advice and capitulating to the car lobby constitutes "great work".

Screen shot 2015-10-01 at 1.34.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-10-01 at 1.34.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-10-01 at 1.34.57 PM.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 237
Go figure, councillors don't like ranked ballots or term limits. Several of them who could be at risk were speaking out against it.

What a shameful performance by city council today. Half of these people need to be sent home next election.

- Voted not to have a debate on whether to oppose Hydro One selloff.
- Voted against motion to ask province for recall provisions for a "dysfunctional mayor or city council".
- Voted not to ask province to make campaign donor rebate only for Toronto residents.
- Voted not to ask province for term limits.
- Voted to ask province to increase campaign spending limits. Yay for more money in politics.
- Voted against ranked ballots.

What I didn't get is that after the Ford nonsense, they voted against having a way to remove the mayor or a councillor if they behave badly.

Back