Market Wharf Condos (Context Development) - Real Estate -

They have 4 finishes packages: A, B, C, and D. My understanding is you can mix and match, but there would be administrative fees. I'd say there really isn't much need to mix and match and that the packages are quite good as is. If to rent out, don't bother spending the extra cash. If buying to live in, it's personal preference but the packages are good.

Tiles are 2x2.

You get a choice between tiles or hardwood. If you wanted hardwood instead of carpet in the bedroom, you could ask at the time of purchase. They mention tiles in foyer and kitchen, but you could ask for continuous hardwood flooring throughout at the time of purchase.

I have an assignment
One bedroom with balcony facing the city with an unobstructed view of the city.

please msg me if you are interested.

Market wharf - assignment unit

Hi there!

Located right next to the St. Lawrence Market.

The unit is on the 9th floor. 449sq feet with approx 100sq balcony. No wasted space floor plan, I can send over by email. There are only 4 units of this kind in the building. Locker is included. Unobstructed North view of the city, over looking the St. Lawrence market. With the market next door, your 9th floor view would never get obstructed over the years. Both the living room and the bedroom has floor to ceiling windows.

Currently the developer/Context is selling at $600 per sq foot. I'm selling at $572 per sq foot.

Price for unit and locker 257,000.

http://www.marketwharf.com/

MSG ME FOR DETAILS.

Last edited:
Which colour package would you prefer?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 522
I'm choosing Package C (third from the left).

If I were purchasing as an investment to rent out, I would probably choose Package A (first from the left).

I like that package too. Will you go with that light gray porcelain tile throughout in the living and dining area? I really like it but I am not sure if it is a good idea for resale purposes, though it would be something different, very unique

I like the 3rd or 4th column, depending on personal needs and preferences ... the 3rd is modern and cool, but the grey black white combination may make the unit too cold looking ... the 4th is modern and warm IMO with slates and browns, rather than the brown and beige shown in the 1st column (typical for many condos nowadays) ...

The pictures don't really do the finishes any justice. For example, Package C certainly has very dark cabinets, but they're not as "black" as they appear in the photo. They have a more warm and grainy appearance in person. What I really like is the hardwood flooring in this package and I really like the bathroom finishes. Again, hard to really tell from pics. I took pics myself and it really takes a trip back to the sales centre to have a true idea.

The pictures don't really do the finishes any justice. For example, Package C certainly has very dark cabinets, but they're not as "black" as they appear in the photo. They have a more warm and grainy appearance in person. What I really like is the hardwood flooring in this package and I really like the bathroom finishes. Again, hard to really tell from pics. I took pics myself and it really takes a trip back to the sales centre to have a true idea.

I agree..I was impressed with the finishes.

Too bad I wasn't paying attention to this one a few years ago. I deff would have purchased there.

Check out this crazy MLS listing:
C2011557

Not sure how to link.

It's 1000+ square feet pent house in a relatively older building that looks to be newly renovated (I guess not as nice as brand new projects but it's up there I'd assume):
price: $399,999
condo fees: 510 ! (which is crazy low for an older building with a unit this size ... maybe it includes little).

Anyway, this seems priced low! Actually I realized it's a little bit to the east ( east of Jarvis) maybe that explains the price ?

But in short - why go new when you can get this! :)

That appears to be a very good find.

Might be priced for multiple offers, but even if you add an extra $100K it's only $485 psf. I know when I first started looking in the area, my realtor mentioned 65 Scadding had baseboard heaters which is a turn off for some. While I never checked out any units there, she showed me listings whereas other buildings she would never bother. So I don't think there is anything wrong with 65 Scadding. Though I do wonder why the values aren't that high. Is that the case for 65 Scadding for some reason or is it general to that part of SLM?

That appears to be a very good find.

Might be priced for multiple offers, but even if you add an extra $100K it's only $485 psf. I know when I first started looking in the area, my realtor mentioned 65 Scadding had baseboard heaters which is a turn off for some. While I never checked out any units there, she showed me listings whereas other buildings she would never bother. So I don't think there is anything wrong with 65 Scadding. Though I do wonder why the values aren't that high. Is that the case for 65 Scadding for some reason or is it general to that part of SLM?

i noticed that on the MLS listing which is surprising because the unit has central A/C and i see the ductwork is there, so why wouldn't it also have central heating ???

i think your surprise with the lower pricing has to do with most people's complacenty and acceptance that pre-construction / newer resales are $550+ PSF, which is not the norm.

Back