M3 layout 1 + Den opinion

Discussion in 'Rate This Design/Floorplan' started by yaz16, Mar 6, 2011.

1. yaz16

yaz16 Active Member

delete

delete

Last edited: May 9, 2012

2. UrbanVigor

UrbanVigor Active Member

Is that an optional wall they are displaying on the floor plan? And then a sliding door you might add?

If only they made the length of the bedroom shorter in order to make the width of the den wider. I think closing in the den will make the entire space have a more closed in feel. I might choose the optional wall so that you then have the option of a sliding door should you need it for a second bedroom. But I think this unit is best as a large 1 bedroom+den.

If you were to add a twin bed, I wouldn't squeeze it into the width of the room. I'd place it in the bottom right hand corner in correlation with the dimensions of the room.

3. fabulous010

fabulous010 New Member

Y not make it an office?

4. supersub

supersub New Member

Did you end up installing that door? I am in the same building and am planning the do the same thing was wondering if you had a good contractor who installed it for you.

5. marsh

marsh Active Member

I thought to legally call a room a "bedroom" there had to be a natural source of light. So if you are trying to sell or market this unit as a 2 bedroom by closing off the den, you might want to check with a real esate lawyer on this point.

6. andrew12valve

andrew12valve New Member

A pocket door would be nice for the Den.

A friend of mine owns a place around King & Bathurst with the exact same layout without the den and it works beautifully.

9' ceilings do wonders.