News   May 09, 2024
 570     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 478     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 794     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Woot woot convenience store! How come I haven't seen any signs of it from dufferin? Is it the corner unit next to the nail salon?

Woot woot convenience store! How come I haven't seen any signs of it from dufferin? Is it the corner unit next to the nail salon?

South corner of M4. And I thought it was opening soon because it looked like it didn't have all it's shelves installed and the shelves they had looked... not full... Nope, they're fully open for business. So... yeah...

South corner of M4. And I thought it was opening soon because it looked like it didn't have all it's shelves installed and the shelves they had looked... not full... Nope, they're fully open for business. So... yeah...

They are asking for customer's to give them suggestions on what they would like them to order and to stock in the store

Curious when is the next M3/M4 meeting?

Is there any way our building can have both the heating and cooling system on at the same time? I'm curious to know how many people enjoy a 25.5degree unit. I did not switch on my heat once last yr and everyday it was 24-25degrees. Came back to 25.5 today. Sure, can leave the windows open it I'm a south facing unit so there's a lot of noise.

Curious when is the next M3/M4 meeting?

Is there any way our building can have both the heating and cooling system on at the same time? I'm curious to know how many people enjoy a 25.5degree unit. I did not switch on my heat once last yr and everyday it was 24-25degrees. Came back to 25.5 today. Sure, can leave the windows open it I'm a south facing unit so there's a lot of noise.

Well the answer unfortunately is, no, this is not possible. One of the former board members who was or is an engineer explained it to me. You see this is how the heating and cooling system was designed for this building and in order to have it the way you would like the building would have to have two sets of pipes, one for cooling and one for heating , which it does not. It would be cost prohibitive to do this now as it would have had to be done when the building was originally built. I agree with you that in an expensive building such as this is it should have been designed to have both heating and cooling all year long but don't forget that the builder's aim was to keep costs down to be able to keep prices down.

Hi Peter, thanks for clarifying. However, I wonder how many enjoy 25degree units. The switch should happen when it actually starts getting cold out. Not bc of some schedule May-Oct. it is dreadfully warm all winter for south-facing units :(

Hi Peter, thanks for clarifying. However, I wonder how many enjoy 25degree units. The switch should happen when it actually starts getting cold out. Not bc of some schedule May-Oct. it is dreadfully warm all winter for south-facing units :(

Yeah, it was 27.5 in my place at some point in the last month when I had the curtains open and my window open... I put thermal blackout curtains in my place, and if I keep them closed, then even in the summer it is surprisingly cool. I bought a ceiling fan when I first moved in, but when I tried the curtains over the course of that summer, I ended up returning the fan without installing it.

I wonder how expensive two sets of pipes would've been, divided by the number of units?

The blackout shades work very well for me, I have them throughout. I also put a fan in my bedroom but it was dual purpose. Yes it sucks the hot air up in the summer and pushes it down in the winter, but in general it's great because it keeps the air constantly circulating so it doesn't get stagnant.

I keep my shades half drawn during the day and my place is a very comfortable 22 degrees. We didn't have the heat on yesterday and had the window open a crack and had it down to 19 degrees.

I have blackout shades in my room and never open them and its still 24-25. Oh well.....how many here actually use their heat? Lol

It's November, so you know what that means: Time for M1 and M2 to get their new maintenance fees for the year. I think it was last year that they didn't touch them. This year, they are going up 2.5%. I always prepare myself for the worst when I see how people treat things like the garbage chutes and the garage doors, but our board manages to keep it small every year.

It's November, so you know what that means: Time for M1 and M2 to get their new maintenance fees for the year. I think it was last year that they didn't touch them. This year, they are going up 2.5%. I always prepare myself for the worst when I see how people treat things like the garbage chutes and the garage doors, but our board manages to keep it small every year.

Those "people" that abuse "things like the garbage chutes and garage doors" are most likely renters and not owners and that is why they don't care .

Do you know for sure it's 2.5%, I have yet to receive my notice.

Back