News   May 17, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.5K     9 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

So some progress I see with retail: One of the units in M3 has a sign in the window for Followtel.com. Looks like a home & business phone provider. Also see one of the units in M3 has the name of the project manager on the door, so we may have something happening there.

I also asked about what happened with the vote for food places. Supposedly they need 80% to support allowing them, and it's not there yet.

Does anyone know when residents in M3 + M4 will get their property tax bill? For the residents living in M1 + M2, how long did it take to get your first property tax bill, and was it 1% of your purchase price?

Does anyone know when residents in M3 + M4 will get their property tax bill? For the residents living in M1 + M2, how long did it take to get your first property tax bill, and was it 1% of your purchase price?

I don't remember when I got it but it was less than 1% of the purchase price. Also, it all came at once. I remember getting the bill in September and all of the payments were due in Nov 1 and Dec 1 so make sure you've set aside some money. You'll also want to send it to your lawyer because apparently Liberty has paid a portion of the taxes already and you could be eligible for a rebate.

I don't remember when I got it but it was less than 1% of the purchase price. Also, it all came at once. I remember getting the bill in September and all of the payments were due in Nov 1 and Dec 1 so make sure you've set aside some money. You'll also want to send it to your lawyer because apparently Liberty has paid a portion of the taxes already and you could be eligible for a rebate.

Thanks for the info. How does the city assess the value of your property? Do they just look at the purchase price? Square footage? Neighbourhood? I think the portion we get back is the portion we paid during our occupancy period, I was paying Liberty the monthly value of my property tax for 3 months before final closing. I moved in early March and it's almost November, so I should be getting my first bill soon. It took about 6 months before I got my first hydro bill.

So M1 & M2 maintenance fees are going up a whopping zero percent this year, eh? I'm impressed.

And add an accounting firm to our vast retail selections!

here is something of interest that was on the city council itinerary November 5 2012
Downsview Area Secondary Plan - Road Infrastructure Front-End Funding of Municipal Class Environmental Assessment Study and Development Charge Credits (Ward 8, 9, 10)
http://www.toronto.ca/planning/pdf/downsview_phase4_TMP_rep_jan10.pdf

That would be nice to extend Transit Road. Perhaps they should add some modifications to their plan, such as allowing left turn from Sheppard to Deboer.

Last edited:
I'm so pissed. I live in M3, parking spot is near M2 so when I do my groceries, I'll park in P1 near my M3 entrance then move my car. Well, I forgot to move my car last night and ended up with a parking ticket! Seriously, I don't feel this is necessary as I'm not blocking anyone or taking someone else's spot! I'm going to speak with the security about this, who is taking their job this seriously?! I know it's my fault for not moving my vehicle to my spot but a city of Toronto parking ticket?! I'm so annoyed right now....

Yes, it is very strict here now . Originally when I moved into M 1 no visitor parking pass was needed for residents when the underground garage was being washed. Then the next time the underground garage was scheduled to be washed ,I asked if I needed a parking pass to park in the visitor section . This time the security guard told me , yes residents now need to get a parking pass to park in visitor parking when their level is being washed. There are quite a few annoying little things that one has to put up with living here as opposed to living in a house, such as other people entering a person's private residence , others deciding when air conditioning will be available etc.

I'm so pissed. I live in M3, parking spot is near M2 so when I do my groceries, I'll park in P1 near my M3 entrance then move my car. Well, I forgot to move my car last night and ended up with a parking ticket! Seriously, I don't feel this is necessary as I'm not blocking anyone or taking someone else's spot! I'm going to speak with the security about this, who is taking their job this seriously?! I know it's my fault for not moving my vehicle to my spot but a city of Toronto parking ticket?! I'm so annoyed right now....

You got a city of Toronto parking ticket? What was the fine? I noticed there aren't many cars parked overnight on De Boers road anymore because of all the tickets that have been given out.

$30 and I'm pissed! Gonna have a talk with the security tonight.

Btw, he gave me the white ticket at 2:04am and my Toronto city ticket is stamped 4:06am - bitch move!

Last edited:
$30 and I'm pissed! Gonna have a talk with the security tonight.

Btw, he gave me the white ticket at 2:04am and my Toronto city ticket is stamped 4:06am - bitch move!

What was the violation for the $30 ticket? Was it your first time getting a ticket from the concierge? I went to a friend's party last week at his downtown condo, one of the people at the party got their car towed because they didn't get a visitors pass, that's pretty extreme! Our concierge are getting more strict but I think the downtown condos are worse.

While we're on the topic of complaints, what's with the elevators breaking down every other day in M3?

How come whenever I go to the gym on a weeknight it's always full and I can never use the treadmills or ellipticals? It sucks.

Back