News   May 10, 2024
 538     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 402     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 476     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Got my bill...like others, it's about 30 without AC.

Btw, does anyone know if we are responsible for hydro during the time when we were "renting"?

Hydro bill dated Jan 27-jul 10 = $170 + $130 setup. I've had my AC on June-July. Unit is 710sq ft.

If they DIDN'T charge me for the period when I was paying Rent (closed on may 15), then my monthly rate is $85 (may15-july10) - which seems too high compared to others here. So they must have charged me hydro during my renting period.

Who do I speak with to get reimbursed? Anyone else get charged?

Anybody know why we're not on smart meters thought all new buildings would b
While we're on this anybody know how long it takes till we get our property tax bill not looking forward to my first one ;(

We are on smart meters. They don't put it in your hydro bill, but you can sign up to view your usage on Toronto Hydro's website.

Property tax bills are whenever they feel like charging you, but they expect to be paid from the day you first moved in. M2 people moved in August-October 2010, and received their 2010 and 2011 bills around September 2011. (I remember the due dates for my 2 payments were end of October and November). Remember when you get your first 2012 bill to call your lawyer, or just Liberty, to get reimbursed for the rental period (don't bug Mauro, he's not with Liberty). 2012 you might be on your own, and then for most people in those buildings 2013 is when your mortgage payments starts covering it. I called around January or February 2012 asking about my missing property tax bill, and they told me they just sent it directly to my bank, so I don't ever have to worry about it.

We are on smart meters. They don't put it in your hydro bill, but you can sign up to view your usage on Toronto Hydro's website.

Property tax bills are whenever they feel like charging you, but they expect to be paid from the day you first moved in. M2 people moved in August-October 2010, and received their 2010 and 2011 bills around September 2011. (I remember the due dates for my 2 payments were end of October and November). Remember when you get your first 2012 bill to call your lawyer, or just Liberty, to get reimbursed for the rental period (don't bug Mauro, he's not with Liberty). 2012 you might be on your own, and then for most people in those buildings 2013 is when your mortgage payments starts covering it. I called around January or February 2012 asking about my missing property tax bill, and they told me they just sent it directly to my bank, so I don't ever have to worry about it.

We may be on smart meters but we're not on time of use - we have the same rate no matter what time of day or day of the week it is.

Also, I still pay my property taxes directly, they don't go to my bank so I think that's different for each person.

We may be on smart meters but we're not on time of use - we have the same rate no matter what time of day or day of the week it is.

Also, I still pay my property taxes directly, they don't go to my bank so I think that's different for each person.

Strange... I see my time-of-use costs on their website. They seem to jive with my hydro bill.

LOL. Well, there's 3 different kinds of homeowners (I think): Those who pay property taxes through their bank, those who pay to the city, and those lucky bastards without mortgages.

Does anyone know why they are covering the pond? and who is paying for that?

They're giving it a more artsy look I guess. The water will be much more shallow, which is safer for kids and dogs. As for the money... good question. It's a public park, so I would think the city is paying for it. They paid over $100,000 for all those apples.

I still haven't received my first hydro bill yet, and I moved in early March. I hope I haven't been using $100/month worth of hydro for the past 5 months, but I won't know until I get my bill, that sucks.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the landscaping around the buildings has been really poorly completed (by Liberty when the buildings were completed) and also very poorly maintained. I can't remember the exact amount that was included in the annual budget for landscaping but it certainly wasn't nothing. I live in the M1 building and it doesn't seem like anything has been done or any new plants planted since I moved in more than 2 years ago now.

I'm all for tightening the budget and limiting our spending so we keep condo fees down but I also want to maintain resale value of my property and when buyers come to view a unit the first thing they see is how well maintained and landscaped the grounds are. When I see missing trees and empty planters everywhere (or planters filled with ugly green weed looking things) it makes me wonder if I am the only one who notices these things since nothing has been improved in two years.

There is a new building that is near completion along Bathurst between Finch and Steeles and that is a Toronto affordable housing building and the landscaping looks nicer and more finished then our does and that building isn't even completed yet.

Anybody else got any thoughts or opinions on this.

I haven't noticed any issues pertaining to landscaping but the stench from walking from building to building on my commute to the subway is quite horrible in the morning

Does anyone know the operating hours for the gym at M1? is it 6am to 11 pm? I'm going to start using the facilities now and have notice that they are pretty much empty at all times of the day

So, my apologies, we actually are on time of use - you have to log in to Toronto Hydro's website to actually see the detail. They must average out the total cost for billing purposes because on my bill I only see one rate.

I just received my second bill and it looks like we are on the tiered price plan.. i.e. 0.075 for the first 600kwh

as the rate is the on both bills... it looks like i'll be averaging around $55-60 a month

got my bill today also. On avg its 65 a month for me. Use the dishwasher almost everyday and do quite a bit of laundy, so maybe that's why its about 10 dollars than the rest of the people here. I'm ok with 65

Back