News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 630     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 302     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

The thermostat in my unit has displayed some odd behavior. It will never say that the temperature is less than 21.5 degrees. We haven't yet activated the heat, so I am certain that it has gotten below that. I wanted to see if anyone else thermostat has acted like this. I'm concerned that my heat won't function properly if my thermostat thinks it is 21.5 degrees when in fact it may be much colder.

The thermostat in my unit has displayed some odd behavior. It will never say that the temperature is less than 21.5 degrees. We haven't yet activated the heat, so I am certain that it has gotten below that. I wanted to see if anyone else thermostat has acted like this. I'm concerned that my heat won't function properly if my thermostat thinks it is 21.5 degrees when in fact it may be much colder.

Mine also says 21.5 but it is quite warm in here. Give or take a degree i would say it is pretty accurate. If you want to turn the heat on, just set it for a few degrees more. That should do the trick.

There is actually a setting that let's you trick the thermostat into thinking it is + or - 2 degrees from what it actually is. It's in the setup mode. I found a manual online for the thermostat when I first moved in and I remember that was one of the setting.

There is actually a setting that let's you trick the thermostat into thinking it is + or - 2 degrees from what it actually is. It's in the setup mode. I found a manual online for the thermostat when I first moved in and I remember that was one of the setting.

any other decent settings worth checking out?

Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between a collateral vs conventional mortgage.....5 yr posted dropped 10 bp yesterday!

Heh. Don't worry you're not alone. I'm not sure either so I've emailed Sherry and she said she'll send over some information. I'll post the info when I get it.

Regarding TD Collateral Mortgage:

I've not heard back from Sherry yet, but just reading the general info about this that's out there, It's not looking very appealing... here is an article by Garth Turner that will probably turn you completely away from TD: http://www.greaterfool.ca/2010/10/25/pricks/

Anyhoo, regardless of what one article says, in general this whole collateral mortgage is not sounding very good so, sorry Sherry @TD ... but I think I'm gonna jump ship... I've just called ING as they are offering just as good of a rate...

So Sherry Said you cannot go with a conventional mtg with them???? thats ODD :S go with RBC, they have just the same rates and better customer service!!

Regarding TD Collateral Mortgage:

I've not heard back from Sherry yet, but just reading the general info about this that's out there, It's not looking very appealing... here is an article by Garth Turner that will probably turn you completely away from TD: http://www.greaterfool.ca/2010/10/25/pricks/

Anyhoo, regardless of what one article says, in general this whole collateral mortgage is not sounding very good so, sorry Sherry @TD ... but I think I'm gonna jump ship... I've just called ING as they are offering just as good of a rate...

Collateral mortgages are not so bad, they are quite flexible. I would recommend on this basis alone. Speaking from experience with scotiabank. If you have a stand alone mortgage you are fixed to your original terms, amount etc. With a flexible lean, you can extend amortization, refi a lot easier.

Has anyone already got their mortgage set up already? When I was going over things with a rep at ING, they were saying that if our building is expected to be registered in December sometime, it's probably better to get all of the paperwork in order as they might announce registration at anytime, and for all we know they might only give us something like 2 weeks 'heads up' before registration date.

I'm really new to all this so I just want to know how others are going about it.

Has anyone already got their mortgage set up already? When I was going over things with a rep at ING, they were saying that if our building is expected to be registered in December sometime, it's probably better to get all of the paperwork in order as they might announce registration at anytime, and for all we know they might only give us something like 2 weeks 'heads up' before registration date.

I'm really new to all this so I just want to know how others are going about it.

you should have everything set up already, rushing the mortgage departmen and your laywer will not work to your benefit in the end.

you should have everything set up already, rushing the mortgage departmen and your laywer will not work to your benefit in the end.

Hi Everyone:

I checked with Brian from TD and he said that our mortgages will remain conventional unless we ask them to change it to collateral. As long as you were apporved for your mortgage before October 18th, you will remain conventional unless otherwise requested.

Hi Everyone:

I checked with Brian from TD and he said that our mortgages will remain conventional unless we ask them to change it to collateral. As long as you were apporved for your mortgage before October 18th, you will remain conventional unless otherwise requested.

Whats Brian giving for a 5 year fixed?

Back