News   May 24, 2024
 2.3K     1 
News   May 24, 2024
 677     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 349     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

thanks Joe. Could you elaborate on the "depends"

Depends really means the quality of the lawyer. Im not saying the 700 lawyer will be worse than the 2000, but there should be a reason why some lawyers charge way more than others, right? Mine cost me from what I remember 1600, and he specializes in condos so he may have a little more knowledge in the fine print in contracts developed for condo builders. I am probably over paying, but I sleep better. Anyone else have thoughts for dj81?

I have some info about closing costs.... I was getting really nervous about these 'unknown' closing costs like levies etc; so I emailed the developers directly to see if they can at least give me a ballpark amount to set aside for this.

Their reply was : "I would suggest to put aside between 2% and 3% of the purchase price for the adjustments on closing costs (including "Existing Levies")"

So outside of this, there is your own lawyer fee (mine told me it would be about $1000 +hst) and any moving costs of your own.

I hope that helps.

@GPalltheway: PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection. Just prior to your move in date (usually just a couple of days before) you'll have to do a PDI walkthrough of your unit. You'll get a package which will have info and a checklist etc; for your walkthrough in preparation for this. This will be a very important date and your chance to make note of anything....ANYTHING that is wrong with your unit for them to fix. If you find anything that is wrong with your unit AFTER this date and you didn't make note of it in your PDI then you either have to live with it, or pay to get it fixed yourself so make sure you are very thorough in your PDI.

For anyone who's purchase price is over $330,000 - yes...

$5000 was definitely wishful thinking... but I'm glad it won't be as high as 10k for me. It's just more of a relief being given a more direct estimate.

Back