News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 535     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

anybody have any tips to reduce sounds coming from the window? Without breaking the bank? Does theatre/acoustic curtains work?

I'm on a low floor but my friend who is on the 8th floor, also can hear the cars speeding on allen/sheppard at night in his bedroom.

Last edited:
Hi yaz,
Welcome to Metro Place. I know what you are saying because the noise really bothered me as well when I first moved here but you know what , you will get used to it , I did . The trucks are even worse than the cars and man are they huge those trucks going along Sheppard. I mentioned it to our Councillor ( Peruzza ) when he was here and he was surprised that the trucks are using Sheppard Ave. instead of the 401 highway . It's a convenient location but this is the price that we have to pay for living here, the noise !

yeah. The builder is generous yet sneaky with the way they designed the whole building. Almost all the 1 bd + den facing the inside instead of Allen/Sheppard i'm sure are quieter but have no powder washroom and are a little smaller. I wanted actually to get one of these units but my wife persisted on a having a powder washroom for convenience and resale purposes so i compromised.

Someone at work told me , to get heavy pleated curtains (designed the same way theatre curtains are), a heavy rug under the bed, place as much furniture against the window wall to reduce noise by 50 percent. I guess i will give these things a try

Hi yaz,
Welcome to Metro Place. I know what you are saying because the noise really bothered me as well when I first moved here but you know what , you will get used to it , I did . The trucks are even worse than the cars and man are they huge those trucks going along Sheppard. I mentioned it to our Councillor ( Peruzza ) when he was here and he was surprised that the trucks are using Sheppard Ave. instead of the 401 highway . It's a convenient location but this is the price that we have to pay for living here, the noise !

The way you describe our Councillor, I REALLY don't like him (although him being a light-rail supporter, and me being a subway-backer could also be a sticking point). He is aware that there's refineries in his riding, right? There's the refineries at Finch and Chesswood. Especially now with the construction for the subway, it makes more sense for the trucks to go past our building to get to 401. They take Chesswood to Sheppard, and then turn on Allen to get down to the 401. Any that drive west along 401 to get to the refineries especially because there's the Allen exit in the express lanes.

The way you describe our Councillor, I REALLY don't like him (although him being a light-rail supporter, and me being a subway-backer could also be a sticking point). He is aware that there's refineries in his riding, right? There's the refineries at Finch and Chesswood. Especially now with the construction for the subway, it makes more sense for the trucks to go past our building to get to 401. They take Chesswood to Sheppard, and then turn on Allen to get down to the 401. Any that drive west along 401 to get to the refineries especially because there's the Allen exit in the express lanes.

I don't like him either. I'm not surprised if he is not aware that there is refineries on Finch. That's on the edge of his ward and in the past no voters live on this side of the ward. I sent him an email and left a voice mail to his office a while ago about pedestrian sidewalk to the Rimrock plaza, but he didn't bother to reply and of course no mention that he'll visit at Metro Place.

yeah. The builder is generous yet sneaky with the way they designed the whole building. Almost all the 1 bd + den facing the inside instead of Allen/Sheppard i'm sure are quieter but have no powder washroom and are a little smaller. I wanted actually to get one of these units but my wife persisted on a having a powder washroom for convenience and resale purposes so i compromised.

Someone at work told me , to get heavy pleated curtains (designed the same way theatre curtains are), a heavy rug under the bed, place as much furniture against the window wall to reduce noise by 50 percent. I guess i will give these things a try

Great tips, let me know what works for u. I actually called of those places that installs the noise reducing windows - quoted me $3000!! Forget that idea.

I was wondering about the noise, as I am on the corner of Allen and Sheppard. I do notice a difference between the windows open and closed. Air conditioner gives some white noise so it makes it less noticable too. I know from previous homes that lined drapes block out noise much better than blinds ( and you line with a white material so you can have any colour on the inside).
I have some questions,
Is anyone else having trouble with the postal code when you submitted change of address to places?
Did everyone seal their counter tops? Kitchen and bathrooms?
Has anyone changed the door lock to a combo kind, if you give the management the combo is it allowed? That key is really big!

I never experienced any problems with the postal code.
There is a difference between the windows open and closed . Less noise with the windows closed.
I didn't know that the counter tops had to be sealed , wasn't it done ?
Doesn't giving the combo to management sort of defeat the whole purpose of changing the door lock , just my opinion .

- Open windows are louder than closed windows, also this just in: man lands on moon.

- The counter tops would have been sealed by the manufacturer.

- They won't let you change your lock. Also, you don't own the door (or that lock you want to replace).

I was wondering about the noise, as I am on the corner of Allen and Sheppard. I do notice a difference between the windows open and closed. Air conditioner gives some white noise so it makes it less noticable too. I know from previous homes that lined drapes block out noise much better than blinds ( and you line with a white material so you can have any colour on the inside).
I have some questions,
Is anyone else having trouble with the postal code when you submitted change of address to places?
Has anyone changed the door lock to a combo kind, if you give the management the combo is it allowed? That key is really big!

You in M4 by any chance, I had a bit of trouble with the postal for that building. Canadapost.ca says it isn't valid so had to forward my mail to work. Insurance was the same problem too most websites take a while to update I guess
I asked the property manager about changing the key same response everybody else gave you don't own the door/lock so don't change it. seems a bit weird IMHO what diff is it to them as long as they have. Im assuming they have a master keyed for the building so they don't have to have 300 sets of keys

I have some questions,

I was having problems with changing my postal code with the CRA before. I will try again soon

Yes you have to seal the countertops for the kitchen. If anyone thinks liberty gave us luxurious std ones, they are sadly mistaken. Its of value quality. I already have a few dark marks area near

the counter, even after wiping off quickly.

And no you can't change the locks. Liberty is still behind the times as are almost all builders in Toronto. Other countries condo's already have combo locks, electronic swipe unit entry.

Who do the windows belong to , us or the building ?

Windows belong to the building.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to insulate our doors? Don't like the hallway noise.

Like Peter stated, you are technically not allowed. The hallway noise unfortunately is a part of living in a condo/apartment.

The thing that makes me a little bit more annoyed is how thin the windows are in the bedrooms. I couldn't care less about noise but vibration caused by buses and big trucks are the worse

No drapes /curtains have worked so far. I have even tried to double them up with no effect. Anybody have any other suggestions?

I wonder if its any worse it is for those who live at units on the ground at m1 + m2

Back