News   May 17, 2024
 2.4K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.5K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

And if you only want 2 toppings, you ask them for double of one of them or ask if air can be a topping. Spending an extra dollar is worth the $10 pizza!

my lawyer told me the exact same thing, though i'm still waiting to hear the results of the recent Metro flyer I got in the mail. The price they quoted for a bunch of seedless grapes looks too cheap to be true

my lawyer told me the exact same thing, though i'm still waiting to hear the results of the recent Metro flyer I got in the mail. The price they quoted for a bunch of seedless grapes looks too cheap to be true

Unless they post a correction notice at the entrance, they have to honour that price. And Metro clerks don't ask for proof of your law degree if you make a stink when the express line is 10 deep. Failing that, make the trek to Wal-Mart, and get them to price match it. A man needs his grapes!

Honestly, I find this reply from the management simply inappropriate.
I myself work for a contractor and know that there is a system of "payment hold-backs",- basically they freeze a portion of payment until all the deficiencies have been addressed.
It only shows how poorly our maintenance fees have been managed "that they can't do anything" about this issue.

I agree. There must be hundreds of different window cleaning contractors out there. I'm sure a condo with 4 buildings can negotiate better terms. In fact, if you leverage all Liberty's buildings, heck you would have significant pull. If I were managing this condo, I would demand a re-clean or else the contract will not be renewed.

---edited---
This type of "I can't do anything" response is not the appropriate response in my opinion. If they are backtracking now, well, good. I do commend them for at least going into the unit and checking out the problem but I'm still unsatisfied with the quick, "I can't do anything" response. I'm just a little confused because they entered the unit to check the problem but yet they quickly said that they couldn't do anything. Then, why did you enter my unit? I thought they would at least contact the contractor or get together a list of complainants for a re-clean or to make a case to the contractor. I was just taken aback by this response. All in all, I'm not happy with the whole process.

Last edited:
Honestly, I find this reply from the management simply inappropriate.
I myself work for a contractor and know that there is a system of "payment hold-backs",- basically they freeze a portion of payment until all the deficiencies have been addressed.
It only shows how poorly our maintenance fees have been managed "that they can't do anything" about this issue.

So I had our property management representative over at my unit to inspect the exterior window cleaning deficiencies. He agreed that the contractor did not perform as per specific instructions given to him. In result, Mauro have assured me to address this to the contractor and find the ways to resolve the issue. Will definitively keep our community posted on the resolution.

The most important thing is that our management is willing to hear out from us (tenants), and its completely up to us to stand firm on our rights and take responsibility for what's been said on this forum also.
That being said i must admit that my quote (above) might have been based on some opinions taken out of context -id like to take it back.

So what unit do I need to go to for the FREE grapes & pizza??? I'm hungry!!!

So I had our property management representative over at my unit to inspect the exterior window cleaning deficiencies. He agreed that the contractor did not perform as per specific instructions given to him. In result, Mauro have assured me to address this to the contractor and find the ways to resolve the issue. Will definitively keep our community posted on the resolution.

The most important thing is that our management is willing to hear out from us (tenants), and its completely up to us to stand firm on our rights and take responsibility for what's been said on this forum also.
That being said i must admit that my quote (above) might have been based on some opinions taken out of context -id like to take it back.

If anyone has been in the elevators there, there's a notice from management about the window washing. Send an email to management and they'll take the issues up with the contractor. Have at it folks!

From the TTC (for those looking to take that shortcut back to Allen):

Construction begins next month, starting August 2nd, at the intersection of Kodiak Crescent and Whitehorse Road on a portion of work associated with the construction of the southern tunnels. The work is necessary as part of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) project.
Construction work involves:
Road modifications;
Utility relocations and tree removals;
Excavation and installing excavation support systems.
Initial work at the intersection is expected to last approximately 3 weeks. Construction in this neighbourhood is expected to be complete December of 2012.

The full notice is attached to this message and is also available at www.spadina.ttc.ca

Or go here: http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Pr...tice_5_Southern_Tunnel_Construction_TYSSE.jsp

So I went to the Wild Wings that opened near the Shopper Drug Mart yesterday evening. It's at Dufferin and Lodestar, I think.

I had a super terrible experience with them! They don't have their liquor license yet, which is OK but the wings ... oh geebus. I bit into one and it was still cold. The onion rings were soggy. I'm not sure if they are cooking it all right. Our waitress did the best she could but they had a manager of the franchises there as well, and she was rude as hell! She came over, didn't apologize or asked to see what went wrong, but she had the nerve to say that we ordered our food wrong when it came out wrong the second time around!

I'm sticking to going to the Wild Wings at Dufferin and Steeles. I'm so put off by everything that I didn't even feel like eating after all that.

take the 401 east to bayview, get off and drive south just past eglinton. Duffs will be on the right hand side about 3 blocks south of eglinton. you can thank me later

take the 401 east to bayview, get off and drive south just past eglinton. Duffs will be on the right hand side about 3 blocks south of eglinton. you can thank me later

I have heard nothing but good things about Duffs!! it is on my to do list.

I have heard nothing but good things about Duffs!! it is on my to do list.

add "hollywood gelato" to that list, it's on the same block as duffs and makes for the perfect post-wings dessert. just be patient the line-up there can get as long as the lineup at dutch dreams (top 3 ice cream joints in the city? anyone wanna weigh in on this?)

add "hollywood gelato" to that list, it's on the same block as duffs and makes for the perfect post-wings dessert. just be patient the line-up there can get as long as the lineup at dutch dreams (top 3 ice cream joints in the city? anyone wanna weigh in on this?)

Only 2.5km longer and you can get to the new Duff's at Bathurst and Rutherford... complete with the excellent Menchie's ice cream nextdoor. Also the plus of that Duff's: much bigger and less (usually no) lineups.

BTW, best ice cream is gone: the dipped cones stand near the entrance of Wonderland was replaced by DQ.

Back