News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 521     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

London (Ontario) vehicular terrorist attack

Absolutely sickening. Wouldn't this be a terrorist attack? I. know the facts haven't come in, but I'm guessing the killer is a white supremacist alt right nutter.

Absolutely sickening. Wouldn't this be a terrorist attack? I. know the facts haven't come in, but I'm guessing the killer is a white supremacist alt right nutter.
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 4.55.25 PM.jpg

I suggest Thread title should be "London multiple murder"

Star reports:

Police Chief Steve Williams said relatives had asked no names be released but identified the four victims as a 74-year-old woman, a 46-year-old man, a 44-year-old woman and a 15-year-old girl. A nine-year-old boy was in hospital in serious condition.

“We believe that this was an intentional act and that the victims of this horrific incident were targeted … because of their Islamic faith,” Williams said. “All of the victims in this matter are members of the same family.”\

Det. Supt. Paul Waight said the family was waiting to cross the road at an intersection on a dry clear day in the city’s northwest end when a black pickup mounted the curb, struck them, then sped off.

Police identified the accused as Nathaniel Veltman.

I suggest Thread title should be "London multiple murder"
Given that terrorism is being considered, I was waiting to update the title ... it might well be "London Terrorist Attack" :(

Just added Ontario to the thread title to avoid confusion - it's easy to confuse with London UK (which have also seen their share of terrorist attacks).

AoD

I can’t imagine the fear a Muslim Canadian must feel being in public.
Well, this seems to be an unhinged loon. I don't think they should be worried more than the rest of us about getting run down by an angry incel.

A horrible event and one that was clearly targeted due to the family's beliefs. Imagine how that poor lone surviving child will cope with?

Someone over on skyscraperpage lives just 200 meters from the attack.

Of course it is early days and much detailed multi-jurisdictional investigation will be ongoing, but if this turns out to be a lone wolf act who crawled out of his basement, the 'terrorism' label will make little difference in the prosecution. It's still First Degree Murder with a mandatory life sentence and the possibility of consecutive sentencing (depending on how the SCOC rules on the case before it). And with homicide, you don't have to prove motive.

Back