London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

Has anyone noticed the air being quite dry? I don't have a humidity monitor but it feels like it's a touch too dry.

I was thinking of picking up one of those Sharp Air Purifier/Humidifiers, but I didn't know if it was worthwhile.

Has anyone noticed the air being quite dry? I don't have a humidity monitor but it feels like it's a touch too dry.

I was thinking of picking up one of those Sharp Air Purifier/Humidifiers, but I didn't know if it was worthwhile.

Open a couple windows. It sure not dry out there.

I had the HVAC repair guy come in to take a look at my AC because it wouldn't turn on, he fiddled with it for an hour and announced that the valve is broken and needs to be replaced. I was quoted a pretty steep price. Based on what I am hearing, lots of units (both east and west towers) are also having problems with their HVAC units. How could a brand new building have so many problemetic HVAC units? I'm trying to get quotes but need to find the manufacturer info first.
The bedroom window closure system is now broken as the clip that's holding the handle and the window is nowhere to be found. I asked the property manager for the dimension of the clip so I can replace this myself, instead I was given a contractor contact.
Is there a centralized place where I can get all these info on the parts that's used within this condo?
I understand that the contract stated that the maintenance of these things are the owner's responsibilities, so I guess I'm just annoyed. What exactly does the 2 year warranty cover? Just the appliances?

I just had my HVAC fixed maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I had HVAC problems last year as well and it was still under warranty back then. I'm just a tenant there so the landlord fortunately took care of things for me (although it took a while for property management to get the contractor info and get a quote etc). This year, original diagnosis was that the compressor needs to be replaced and the quote was somewhere around $2000 (yes, crazy, could've gotten a brand new A/C??). And then they come again to check again and then decided it was something else... and they flushed the water pipes or something and then it worked.

It was pretty obvious the time that they charge $35.xx per HVAC unit maintenance (filter changing etc), they did not actually do any "maintenance" or even basic checking, most likely just came and change the filters and that was it... (this is just what i thought, but it seems highly unlikely they checked everything was working and then the next week I turned on the AC for the first time of the year that it wasn't working)

No idea why there are so much problems with HVAC with this building.... :(

- Cityzen came to the rescue and resolved the HVAC issue. They brought in a contractor who's familiar with the units installed. Some adjustments were made and the unit is now working without a hitch. Valve replacement was unneccessary. Similar reports were made to Cityzen and it's bringing up to property management and condo board
- Also reported to Cityzen was the $35 HVAC maintenance that was performed; it's been brought to Cityzen's attention that not even basic checking was done. Cityzen is bringing this to the attention of property management and condo board
- Property management should and does have all specs for everything and everything to do with this condo
- Something does not smell right and I'll be speaking to condo board myself.
- FYI: 2-year warranty has expired for east building

I just had my HVAC fixed maybe 2-3 weeks ago. I had HVAC problems last year as well and it was still under warranty back then. I'm just a tenant there so the landlord fortunately took care of things for me (although it took a while for property management to get the contractor info and get a quote etc). This year, original diagnosis was that the compressor needs to be replaced and the quote was somewhere around $2000 (yes, crazy, could've gotten a brand new A/C??). And then they come again to check again and then decided it was something else... and they flushed the water pipes or something and then it worked.

It was pretty obvious the time that they charge $35.xx per HVAC unit maintenance (filter changing etc), they did not actually do any "maintenance" or even basic checking, most likely just came and change the filters and that was it... (this is just what i thought, but it seems highly unlikely they checked everything was working and then the next week I turned on the AC for the first time of the year that it wasn't working)

No idea why there are so much problems with HVAC with this building.... :(

Hi, hope someone can help with my problem.

I bought a unit in the east tower and have been filling in the paper work in regards to moving in for August 5th. All the forms I received from the board had Simerra on them but when I spoke to Simerra, they informed me that they will no longer be managing LOTE as of July 31 and that I should send my info to the new management company. Simerra also is not aware of who will be managing the building. Does anyone have any information or know who I can contact? I was also looking at making some changes to my unit (replacing carpet with wood flooring) and wanted to know whether its the property manager or the condo board that should be contacted.

Thanks in advance!

Ask Adrian (property manager) for the condo board's contact so you can address your concerns with them. Keep following up with Adrian until you get a response.

Hi, hope someone can help with my problem.

I bought a unit in the east tower and have been filling in the paper work in regards to moving in for August 5th. All the forms I received from the board had Simerra on them but when I spoke to Simerra, they informed me that they will no longer be managing LOTE as of July 31 and that I should send my info to the new management company. Simerra also is not aware of who will be managing the building. Does anyone have any information or know who I can contact? I was also looking at making some changes to my unit (replacing carpet with wood flooring) and wanted to know whether its the property manager or the condo board that should be contacted.

Thanks in advance!

Photomontage

Copying, cutting and pasting pictures of Backstage and L Tower models into the real view from London on the Esplanade. The perspective isn't perfect, neither are my Photoshop skills, but this is how I imagine the skyline will look like two three years from now.

5972091556_969e101071_b.jpg

Last edited:
Copying, cutting and pasting pictures of Backstage and L Tower models into the real view from London on the Esplanade. The perspective isn't perfect, neither are my Photoshop skills, but this is how I imagine the skyline will look like two three years from now.

5972091556_969e101071_b.jpg

Nicely done Udo!
I always had thought the the Ltower would be much more imposing than how it appears in this composition. This sucker is going to well over 30% taller than London. Your angle shot is from fairly high up. Are you taking that from the north corner suite in LOTE as this is where I am, and somehow the angles don't seem to align. It could be just a perspective thing.

I think I just figured it out. You have taken that photo from somewhere closer to the centre of our building. I see things in your photo that I don't see from my unit. (eg. south side of the Royal Bank building)

Nicely done Udo!
I always had thought the the Ltower would be much more imposing than how it appears in this composition. This sucker is going to well over 30% taller than London. Your angle shot is from fairly high up. Are you taking that from the north corner suite in LOTE as this is where I am, and somehow the angles don't seem to align. It could be just a perspective thing.

You can click on the "real view" link. This shows you the non-edited view from the 14th floor. The pictures are taken with a wide angle lens, which I guess makes things look less "imposing". Our eye would not be able to see the L tower as a whole. We would have to look up or down to take the 58 floors/202 meters all in. The Backstage/L Tower sales office on the ground floor has a very nice model of L Tower and Sony Center. It can give you a good feel about the proportions.

Any thoughts on the HVAC extended warranty they're shilling in the elevator notices now? Something like $170 a year for service from WISE Service?

After the "maintenance/filter change" debacle, I'm wondering if this is worthwhile, or just another cash grab.

With all the problems I have had, I feel personally for me, there isn't much choice.
I've had some dealings already with this company. They seem pretty good.

Back