News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 331     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 894     0 

Little Italy/College Street

Another nice infill at Bonar Place and Sheridan just north of College West. Btw there is an application to put 9 four storey townhouses along the north side of the lane east of Sheridan. Photos taken 2 April.
CC635CE7-E274-4971-A0E3-DB0B8B9AD1BB.jpeg
ACC0DD36-25CC-4650-B8EC-8E9A3C5E6255.jpeg
80B87678-CC06-4F93-AF5E-C474F17C3D0A.jpeg
45890B5C-FC9A-4619-B00E-CC7298BEE9CB.jpeg

This is Bairrada Currasquiera 1000 College Street. Large addition in the back that is prominent when walking east along College. But alas no photo yet. I did get a pic on looking west but it isn’t great due to no back lane. Photo taken 2 April.
9DC8E8FB-CFED-457D-9EC9-148702CB6713.jpeg

Another nice infill at Bonar Place and Sheridan just north of College West. Btw there is an application to put 9 four storey townhouses along the north side of the lane east of Sheridan. Photos taken 2 April.View attachment 465967View attachment 465968View attachment 465969View attachment 465970

This addition looks terrible, like a low-end building tacked onto a nice old house. A single detached home becoming a four-storey walkup is great, but there needs to be better design.

Agreed. SO ugly. I wish the rules and the other context around this made it easier for property owners to just combine this lot and the one next to it to simply build a proper 4 storey mid rise.

This addition looks terrible, like a low-end building tacked onto a nice old house. A single detached home becoming a four-storey walkup is great, but there needs to be better design.

That was a regular house until a deadly fire occurred a few years ago in the illegal (I think) basement unit. The slumlord was rewarded with a huge density increase with additional floors and units...

The auto body shop just north of the intersection of Bathurst and College on the northeast side is being turned into a restaurant with a huge patio. There is also a restaurant going into the heritage building at the corner.
6A515BC4-8F8A-4CAD-8742-31B74A8163BD.jpeg

Application for the restaurant going into the heritage corner building at Bathurst & College:

440 COLLEGE ST
Ward 11: University-Rosedale

To alter total interior floor area restrictions in a two-and-one-half-storey commercial building by using it as an eating establishment which is a permitted use.

Application for the restaurant going into the heritage corner building at Bathurst & College:

440 COLLEGE ST
Ward 11: University-Rosedale

To alter total interior floor area restrictions in a two-and-one-half-storey commercial building by using it as an eating establishment which is a permitted use.

Restaurant might be a stretch....

1682443801508.png

The Real Jerk have opened a new location at 647 College Street, just west of Grace Street. It was previously a bar named Nightowl.

There's a midrise proposed for that corner, but I guess PetValu will be there for at least the immediate future until next steps are taken for the redevelopment.

Black Cat Espresso Bar at Dufferin & College is closing after around 9 years in business.

Their location in Weston Village has also closed, as the owner is moving out of the city for more space for their kids to grow up:

DaNico has opened at 440 College Street (NE corner of College & Bathurst). It is operated by the Liberty Entertainment Group:

Tasting menu is only $225 per person (plus tax and tip) and another $120 for the wine pairing.

I suggest we both meet up w/ @Towered who can pick up the tab on his company expense account. :)

Back