News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 522     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Liberty Village Crowd-funded bus?

See my edit. If you leave out the walk from King to Union, you also have to leave out the walk from the 15 minutes it took using this service, since their 15 minutes also includes the walk to King. Their timing is being measured from point A to point B, so King being the final destination regardless of which route.

There is no west bound trip.

Right now the service only brings you from LV to union in the morning. Depending on how the trial goes, it will expand from there (assuming the city doesn't shut it down).
Not according to one of the organizers who posted on the LV FB group:
Brett Chang We've started to take riders from Union to Liberty Village as well. Send me a message if you're interested and we can get you on board.

ok...but pick a stop that serves LV...say King and Atlantic....can you get on there? how long is the trip then at those times?

Also just as crowded. I used to get on from Dufferin and still had to wait for a few streetcars before getting one.

See my edit. If you leave out the walk from King to Union, you also have to leave out the walk from the 15 minutes it took using this service, since their 15 minutes also includes the walk to King. Their timing is being measured from point A to point B, so King being the final destination regardless of which route.

So the bus ride is somewhere between 10 and 12 minutes? Honestly, that is a real surprise.....be interesting to see if they can maintain that because it seems very very short.

So the bus ride is somewhere between 10 and 12 minutes? Honestly, that is a real surprise.....be interesting to see if they can maintain that because it seems very very short.

I don't see why they can't maintain it. Seems in line with what I am used to from driving the same route.

I don't see why they can't maintain it. Seems in line with what I am used to from driving the same route.

Maybe just bad luck but I changed my driving route when the stretch from Bathurst to Spadina on Front was taking up 10+ minutes of my time.

According to this link it was a 20 minute ride on the 7:45 a.m. departure on a Thursday morning.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2014/10/whats_it_like_to_ride_crowdfunded_transit_in_toronto/

Earlier on in this thread I expressed surprise that people would pay more for this bus than they would to take the faster GO train that runs past the south end of Liberty Village. Contained in that article is a statement that just has me shaking my head.

Scollon relays a story about a man who plans to leave the neighbourhood in favour of Port Credit, believing his commute to Union via GO train will be shorter than the options afforded to him now.

That chap, clearly, does not realize/know that the very same GO train that he thinks will give him a shorter commute from Port Credit is available to him now. Only from PC it is a much longer ride to Union than he has from Exhibition.

According to this link it was a 20 minute ride on the 7:45 a.m. departure on a Thursday morning.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2014/10/whats_it_like_to_ride_crowdfunded_transit_in_toronto/

Earlier on in this thread I expressed surprise that people would pay more for this bus than they would to take the faster GO train that runs past the south end of Liberty Village. Contained in that article is a statement that just has me shaking my head.

That chap, clearly, does not realize/know that the very same GO train that he thinks will give him a shorter commute from Port Credit is available to him now. Only from PC it is a much longer ride to Union than he has from Exhibition.

It's like 99% of the 416 has no idea that they can even use the GO train at all...my level of incredulity; I don't think it can be topped.

It's like 99% of the 416 has no idea that they can even use the GO train at all...my level of incredulity; I don't think it can be topped.

I think this is ultimately suggesting that it would take fare integration, addition on TTC maps and a media campaign to get people to use GO within the 416.

you're missing an important detail:

During their pilot week, access to Strachan from east bound East Liberty was CLOSED meaning the bus had to go to Atlantic ave. then head east on King and with all that still managed a 20 minute trip.

you're missing an important detail:

During their pilot week, access to Strachan from east bound East Liberty was CLOSED meaning the bus had to go to Atlantic ave. then head east on King and with all that still managed a 20 minute trip.

thanks......that may explain the time of the trip....but has no bearing on some guy thinking that moving to Port Credit will improve his commute time.

Back