Liberty Place Lofts and Condos at Liberty Village (CanAlfa) - Real Estate -

Went to the sales centre on Saturday, not a bad looking development.
Prices are pretty good. 870 sq ft 2 bed for $375,900 & parking is only $27,500. They were having a "1% off purchase price + stainless steel appliances" sale as well.

Occupancy is June 2014 so a huge thumbs down to that.

Prices are pretty good. 870 sq ft 2 bed for $375,900 & parking is only $27,500. They were having a "1% off purchase price + stainless steel appliances" sale as well.

Very similar or slightly higher priced than the comparable was at King West Life across the street.

Do you remember what floor and what exposure this was? And do these units come with lockers?

Anyone have updated info on sales? A friend who was looking to purchase has been told all the units available were sold within a few days. Not sure if this means ALL units, though...

liberty place

Grand Opening March 13th...

if anyone is interested i think my realtor currently has a high-floor 1+1 unit available w/ parking, locker and stainless steel appliances, free maintenance for 2 years and more...atleast that's what i got =)

I am interested in this bldg could you please ask your realtor to contact me. Which model & floor did you buy?

Thanks

No need to worry. There'll be another 20 LV condo towers going up...eventually. In about a year, existing buildings should have nice discounts.:D

In a year, prices will definitely be less as about 1000 condos will register, but as it's planned, I believe there is only room for an additional 5 (not already marketed) condos in all of LV and once it's built, it's built, so that should keep price declines much smaller vs. downtown where there's lots of opportunity still to build, and price appreciation much higher. Including already marketed condos, there's only about 3500 condos left to build and 2100 are already sold.

In a year, prices will definitely be less as about 1000 condos will register, but as it's planned, I believe there is only room for an additional 5 (not already marketed) condos in all of LV and once it's built, it's built, so that should keep price declines much smaller vs. downtown where there's lots of opportunity still to build, and price appreciation much higher. Including already marketed condos, there's only about 3500 condos left to build and 2100 are already sold.

On the other hand, if prices decline in the downtown core, then people may buy there rather than Liberty Village. LV has a nice feel to it, more of a community feeling than downtown but alot of people are close to town for the convenience and if LV doesn't drop in price, and the core does, do buyers now decide to choose the downtown core? I say this as LV is around $450-500/sq. ft and the core at $600. If the core dropped $50 and LV stayed the same, would a $50-$100 premium perhaps shift sales away from LV to the core whereas a $100-$150 shift it in the other direction? I don't know what the price point would be but surely there would a price point at which attitutes would change.

So would you guys recommend this development overall? Nice location? Good rent/resale prospects?

Wait for a year. LV will be cheaper then. Regardless, it is a phenomenal location with great rent/resale prospects and is the hottest condo area in Toronto and has been for the past 4 years. It will continue to be for the next while with only the new waterfront an equivalent competition for location/access/amenities.

Back