News   Apr 30, 2024
 166     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 613     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 1.7K     0 

Liberty Market Lofts Condos (BLVD Developments) - Real Estate -

The new model suite in the sales centre, while smaller, has a better layout than the original one.

The new model suite is the exact same size as the old one, they just changed the layout from live/work to live which makes it seems larger or the first floor. Absolutely nothing was changed in the loft area.

Did they just release more new units a couple of weeks ago??
I think they might have held back some units, may be trying to sell them at a higher price??

The new model suite is the exact same size as the old one, they just changed the layout from live/work to live which makes it seems larger or the first floor. Absolutely nothing was changed in the loft area.

I think the new layout made it seem smaller, but it was better. The previous kitchen was a pretty bad design.

But yeah, the mezzanine hasn't changed very much.

Pics for reference:

Before...

696f.jpg

...after

img03g.jpg

I think the new layout made it seem smaller, but it was better. The previous kitchen was a pretty bad design.

But yeah, the mezzanine hasn't changed very much.

Pics for reference:

Before...

696f.jpg

Is that an oven in the middle of the living room in that old model suite? If that's a fireplace, it's the most oven-like fireplace I've ever seen. Or maybe it's like Steven Wright wanted: "I have a microwave fireplace...I can sit in front of the fire for the evening in just 8 minutes."

Is that an oven in the middle of the living room in that old model suite? If that's a fireplace, it's the most oven-like fireplace I've ever seen. Or maybe it's like Steven Wright wanted: "I have a microwave fireplace...I can sit in front of the fire for the evening in just 8 minutes."

YES, it's an oven ....
the 'old before design' had the linear kitchen at the front of the unit by the windows;
while the 'new after design' has the linear kitchen in the middle of the unit.

I, actually, much preferred the former layout - I just would've got rid of the pseudo-office. The kitchen was cool and because it could be hidden behind the white doors, made the place seem much larger. I do think that they could've found a creative way to front the oven as well though.

Last edited:
/\ Still, it would seem odd preparing a meal in the living room, with guests mulling around, secretly commenting on how absurd the layout is.

I, actually, much preferred the former layout - I just would've got rid of the pseudo-office. The kitchen was cool and because it could be hidden behind the white doors, made the place seem much larger. I do think that they could've found a creative way to front the over as well though.

IIRC the white doors were an upgrade.

i stilll don't understand the concept of having a linear kitchen upfront like that ...
i find it actually impedes on the LR/DR's overall usability and really takes more space if proper storage and workspace like an island is added.

The redesigned unit looks much better, with more of a flow to the unit and the kitchen now neatly tucked into the corner of the loft. It looks a lot less cluttered and roomier as well. I could picture myself living in the second one, the same can't be said for the first.

Seems like we lost discussion on this building.

Im interested in buying a unit in this building. Seems like prices vary. What are yout thoughts on what I should pay per sq ft?

Any thoughts?

I checked out an open house in the building last week.
There still seems to be more work to be done in the amenity and common areas, but it looks very nice so far. I really like the lobby space with the future gallery space.
The corridors and elevator lobbies are pretty spacious and wide and nicely finished, but strangely the ceiling heights are awfully low, looks to be 8 feet at the most which not really fitting for a loft building.

I checked out a SW corner unit on the 3rd floor. The huge billboard which is located southwest of the building is not that bad the closer you are to it due to its angle. South facing units more towards the east side of the building will get the full brunt of the face of the illuminated billboard.

I must say that the quality of the unit is very poor and cheap looking. The baseboards and trim were haphazzardly installed and looked like they tried to salvage as much scrap pieces of trim on some of the trim around the doors and corners. The long narrow layout of the living room and kitchen would be a bit difficult to arrange furniture. The upstairs bedroom was extremely awkward in its layout. There's really no space to place a bed as it is L-shaped with no blank wall to put a bed against. The bathrooms looked rather basic, nothing special. The steel picket railings with wood handrails oddly look really out of place for a urban loft and should belong in a budget suburban house -- it doesn't have the steel and glass railings as shown in the model suite.
The flooring was laminate which the agent assured me it was engineered hardwood, but the faux hand-scraped bleached wood pattern obviously looked and feel like laminate and you could even see the repeated pattern of the wood grain and knots.
I am guessing that this unit is a bare bones unit with no upgrades.

It is selling for $499,000 including parking and locker. It's listed as a 2 bedroom+den, but there is no den to be found. For a unit just under 1,000 sq.ft. it may seem like a fair value, but the unit doesn't seem as large it should be even with the double height living room and kitchen (all other rooms are about 8' tall) and the fact it is a corner unit with all that glass and the layout doesn't lend well for an ideal furniture layout. Window coverings would cost a fortune for this unit which is something you will have to think about as it has south and west exposures.
There are much better layouts selling in the building selling for less and there are plenty of resales right now.

Last edited:

Back