News   May 03, 2024
 217     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 348     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 782     0 

Letters to the Toronto Sun

I got my hands on a free Sun today, and I flipped through it and there were no humorous letters, but the headline "Petty mayor won't police own rules" made me laugh out loud. They also had a readers choice awards which determined that the top Torontonian was Julian Fantino, the top university is York, the top community festival is Taste of the Danforth, and the second place bike shop was Canadian Tire.

Dumbest Sun cover of the year thus far...

torsuncover1.jpg

I got my hands on a free Sun today, and I flipped through it and their were no humorous letters, but the headline "Petty mayor won't police own rules" made me laugh out loud. They also had a readers choice awards which determined the top Torontonian was Julian Fantino, the top university is York, the top community festival is Taste of the Danforth, the second place bike shop was Canadian Tire.

Cdn Tire? :eek: are they serious? hold on I'm running out to get thier $99 Supercycle special for my 200 km bike ride this summer.

Ha ha. Neil Young was born in Toronto and only moved to Winnipeg when he was 15. He would soon return to Toronto to play Yorkville gigs.

I got my hands on a free Sun today, and I flipped through it and there were no humorous letters, but the headline "Petty mayor won't police own rules" made me laugh out loud. They also had a readers choice awards which determined that the top Torontonian was Julian Fantino, the top university is York, the top community festival is Taste of the Danforth, and the second place bike shop was Canadian Tire.

York? best U? ugh. Sure Dork beats out any College but it's not in league with even half of Ontarios other Universities (I went there, shows you how much i liked it there)

Deer Sur,

I find yor thrid called "Toronna SUn Letters" offensivv. It is the greatist paper and I like ther picturs and riming hedlines. As a redur of the SUN i speak knowingly of its churms. Plees stop, or else.

York? best U? ugh. Sure Dork beats out any College but it's not in league with even half of Ontarios other Universities (I went there, shows you how much i liked it there)

Since it was "Best of Toronto" it was competing with the University of Toronto and Ryerson for the preferences of the Sun's readership. Still, your point is taken that it's odd that it won!

Other notable quotables from the "Best of Toronto" section:

Favourite Employer:pizza Pizza (ironically, it came third in favourite franchise business behind Tim Hortons and Mcdonalds)
Favourite Hair Salon/Barber): First Choice Hair Cutters (I guess it is first choice for a reason)
Chinese Restaurant: Mandarin
Favourite Beer: Canadian
itravel2000.com was the third place travel agency... perhaps that annoying jingle isn't working. Solution: more jingle.
Favourite Newspaper Section: Sports (followed by entertainment and lifestyle)
Top Torontian: Third place was Mel Lastman! Ed Mirvish was second.
Condo Builder: Tridel (second place was Menkes and third was Daniels)

Ouch

All can be found at this link: http://www.torontosun.com/Images/readerschoice.pdf

That's a pretty sad "Best of Toronto". If it's any consolation, Domino's Pizza is Montreal's favourite pizza.

Other notable quotables from the "Best of Toronto" section:

Favourite Employer:pizza Pizza (ironically, it came third in favourite franchise business behind Tim Hortons and Mcdonalds)
Favourite Hair Salon/Barber): First Choice Hair Cutters (I guess it is first choice for a reason)
Chinese Restaurant: Mandarin
Favourite Beer: Canadian
itravel2000.com was the third place travel agency... perhaps that annoying jingle isn't working. Solution: more jingle.
Favourite Newspaper Section: Sports (followed by entertainment and lifestyle)
Top Torontian: Third place was Mel Lastman! Ed Mirvish was second.
Condo Builder: Tridel (second place was Menkes and third was Daniels)

Ouch

All can be found at this link: http://www.torontosun.com/Images/readerschoice.pdf

The top Torontonian was Fantino (who doesn't even live here!). Fantino, Mirvish (the only one worthy), Lastman. You'd think Toronto Sun readers were still living in the year 2000. (Then again, they picked Sue-Ann Levy as their favourite columnist, maybe they're dreaming of the good old days).

Top media personality was of course, Don Cherry. At least Derringer never got anywhere in the media category.

Manpower the second-best employer? WTF?

I'm still looking at the list and shaking my head.

Favourte bagel: Tim Horton's.
Family restaurant: Swiss Chalet (OK, I can see that one)
Greek restaurant: Mr. Greek, Friendly Greek, Jimmy The Greek
Pizza: It's so predictable, I'm not going even to touch that one.
Beer: Canadian (ugh), Corona (ewww), Coors Light (my hands feel dirty typing that) - did Molson stack the votes here?

And they think Baton Rouge is a French Restaurant.

Toronto Sun readers need a smack in the head.

Come on guys, give them a break, they're Sun readers.... did anyone seriously expect anything more than this?

They probably would read the NOW or Eye Weekly Best of Lists and shake their heads at us for being pompous liberal freaks that eat such exotic things like sushi.

^Well, in all honesty, NOW is basically a leftist SUN. It has the same sensationalist headlines, blockheaded letters and editorial vitriol, only with Dipper allegiances.

Last year I sent in a letter to the editor of NOW and appealed to them to show more judgement because they were a "respectable publication". I sincerely regret calling them that today.

Oh yeah, they also have a "best of" list that is embarassing in a never-been-west-of-Bathurst-19-year-old-from-small-town-Ontario-turned-Vic-hipster sort of way.

Back