News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Kirkor Portlands Proposal

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah on the same website, i also checked under projects Kirkors Toronto Port Lands competition.....whats up with that.

WOW. I'm not sure what that's supposed to be but it's by far one of the most alien designs I've ever seen. Given this and the original design for 21 Widmer, I can't help but feel that Kirkor actually has some really creative talent running around their firm. If only someone was willing to foot the bill for their more ambitious designs.

WOW indeed!! THAT is just the sort of thing that the waterfront needs....I hope Kirkor get a chance to build it! (can't believe I just said that about anything from Kirkor)...

Can someone capture and post those pics pls? Don't know how..

ScreenShot048.jpg

ScreenShot047.jpg

I slightly brightened the second image.

eek, that's terrible ... not really sure why anyone would want that there. Seems like the base stretches for kilometer or so as well.
This isn't what we need on the waterfront..

That seems so far away from the city.. I can see this type of design working as part of Union Stn (since the station stretches for so long). The fingers need to be toned down though.

... and their Shenzhen Opera House proposal looks suspiciously like a retread of Dominique Perrault's rejected "Golden Potato" Mariinsky 2 opera house design.

No Good Kirkor / Bad Kirkor duality here.

As I posted over at SSP when this image appeared:

I think it looks like the skeletal remains of an Olympic Torch Barer found dead in Stanley Park.

It is obviously a Supertall and judging by the scale of the towers in the background and accounting for perspective I estimate around 400 meters.

Speaking of the towers in the background... How come several are missing? Such as First Canadian Place, Commerce Court West and One King West. I can forgive Bay-Adelaide Ritz and RBC not being there, because this may be an old render, but FCP and CCW should be there... UNLESS...

This waterfront project will be the largest recycling program ever and it will be built from dismantled office towers in the CBD. Note also how the Gardiner is gone and replaced with a canal surrounded by a forest. Maybe this is post Apocalypse Toronto.

ScreenShot047.jpg

Back