News   Apr 26, 2024
 180     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 630     0 

Imperial Lofts Condos (Plazacorp) - Real Estate

BobTheCat

Member Bio
Reaction score
The project is at 90 Sherbourne between Adelaide & Richmond.

Does anyone have any opinions on these lofts ? We like the look
and the fact that they are lofts with the post/beam construction etc.
I can't really find out much about the conversion, when it was done
etc, other than the simple paragraph that is posted on serveral
real-estate sites.

--- btc

The project is at 90 Sherbourne between Adelaide & Richmond.

Does anyone have any opinions on these lofts ? We like the look
and the fact that they are lofts with the post/beam construction etc.
I can't really find out much about the conversion, when it was done
etc, other than the simple paragraph that is posted on serveral
real-estate sites.

--- btc
The buildings were converted by Plaza Corp. who also built the ugly new condos surrounding 80 and 90 sherbourne. I was original owner of 105 at 80 Sherbourne and would strongly advise that you pass on both buildings unless you enjoy listening to ALL of your neighbours activity. Also be very sure to inquire about termites.

The conversion was done some 6 or 7 years ago IIRC maybe a bit longer.
Note; The conversion was one of the first loft conversions done in downtown T.O. in buildings previously owned by the Hermant family who operated Imperial Optical and safety Supply companies in those buildings and at 214 King street east for over 40 years until forced into receivership by CIBC in early nineties. The buildings were empty and boarded up for about 5 years until the city rezoned to live/work residential. Plaza Corp. was the developer responsible for what now exists and the project was completed in 1996. I worked for the original Hermant companies and was the very unsatisfied original owner of a unit at 80 Sherbourne.

The buildings were converted by Plaza Corp. who also built the ugly new condos surrounding 80 and 90 sherbourne. I was original owner of 105 at 80 Sherbourne and would strongly advise that you pass on both buildings unless you enjoy listening to ALL of your neighbours activity. Also be very sure to inquire about termites.

Uggh, those buildings surrounding 80 and 90 are indeed hideous. Talk about an absolute complete lack of effort by the architectural firm on those monstrosities.

who also built the ugly new condos surrounding 80 and 90 sherbourne.

I hate both of the new condos they put up. Just horrible especially the one on Richmond.

Real Loft

Having lived at 80 Sherbourne for many years now I have to say I couldn't be happier. Love the true loft character instead of cardboard condo attempts. True Urban living. Walking to the Market, Harbourfront and the Distillery in minutes. As far as termites go, like much of Toronto east, 90 Sherbourne did face an issue. It was dealt with years ago and is constantly inspected and protected. Our Board of Directors has even started a website for our building www.imperiallofts.ca as we continue to improve and develop our home.

Back