News   May 10, 2024
 2K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.2K     0 

Idiotic Motorcyclists

casaguy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Unfortunately my daily commute currently means I spend way too much time on the Don Valley Parkway and the 401.

Without fail, every day, I witness some of the most stupid, dangerous and reckless actions by almost every motorcyclist I see. Blaring in and around vehicles, doing clearly 130-140km/h, tailgating with their blinding headlights, and obvious intimidation and games of chicken with other vehicles that are going too slow for them. Some of these idiots even have another person clinging for life on the back of the bike.

I cannot believe it's actually legal for them to ride on the highways at all (it would be just as dangerous for a regular cyclist). The majority I witness have complete contempt and disrespect for everyone around them. They're also very difficult to spot and scare the crap out of you when they suddenly appear with their engines growling at a deafening noise level.

Weeknights between 9:30pm and 10:30pm there are always a posse of about 20 of them who tear down the DVP en masse at tremendous speeds. It's incredible more don't die dailiy.

The motorcyclist in the article below was such a low-life he didn't even care about his friend who he is clearly responisble for killing:

---------------------

Motorcycle passenger killed on Highway 401

from ctvtoronto.ca

A motorcycle passenger was killed on Highway 401 Friday night, moments after police signalled for the vehicle to pull over.

Police say that a Durham Regional Police officer tried to pull over the motorbike at about 11:39 p.m. in the westbound lanes of the highway, just west of Brock Street in Whitby, Ont.

The driver of the motorcycle accelerated and the passenger fell off the back of the bike.

The passenger was then hit by at least one westbound vehicle, while the driver of the motorcycle left the scene.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigators are now trying to determine if any other vehicle "made contact with the deceased on the roadway," according to an OPP media release.

The westbound traffic on the highway was being diverted at Brock Street in the early hours of Saturday morning while police were working at the scene.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call OPP investigators at 1-888-310-1122.

The OPP media release says the province's Special Investigations Unit "has invoked its mandate in this incident."

The SIU website says that it "investigates circumstances involving police and civilians which have resulted in serious injury, including sexual assault, or death."

Last edited:
I see these idiots too swerving in and out of traffic like if they were driving on a obstacle course. And these aren't middle age guys on Harleys out for an evening cruise these are young guys early 20s driving reckless on their souped-up kawasaki ninja's on the 401 and at night!!!

yep, I see the same thing all the time. personally I get a bit nervous just being around motorcycles in traffic when they are driving properly. All it takes is one small mistake and there is no second chance as there is in a car. that incident on the 401 is sickening.

the noise issue is one of my pet peeves. Especially when you are sitting on an outdoor patio, perhaps listening to some live jazz guitar when a fleet of Harley's comes blasting by... its completely inconsiderate. why arent there laws governing noise levels on these things?

Hmm, I've been pretty fortunate so far (knock on wood) to not encounter any of these annoying motorcylists. In HK, they are far worse, using the lane dividers as their own lane, extremely dangerous esp since they fly by at crazy speeds. I've noticed that drivers are worse here though, in general. Every day I witness someone doing something hazardous, endangering themselves and other road users.

the noise issue is one of my pet peeves. Especially when you are sitting on an outdoor patio, perhaps listening to some live jazz guitar when a fleet of Harley's comes blasting by... its completely inconsiderate. why arent there laws governing noise levels on these things?

The law is right there in the Highway Traffic Act, but nobody seems to enforce it.... Section 75. (1).
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statutes/english/elaws_statutes_90h08_e.htm#BK135

Clearly motorcycles tend to attract a certain type of personality. Safety and regard for others is clearly not high on the list of personality traits we would associate with this personality. But hey, chicks dig it and more organs for everyone else.

Way to go David Sheppard!

And yet another example. At least this time we have a name: David Sheppard, 35, of Bowmanville, Ontario seems to have zero regard for the lives of others. A perfect example of TrickyRicky's post above.

-----------------

Motorcyclist clocked at 50 kilometres over speed limit

Updated: Mon Aug. 30 2010 10:42:03 AM

The Canadian Press

source here

A man has an October court date after provincial police clocked a motorcycle doing 50 kilometres over the speed limit in eastern Ontario.

Police say a motorcycle was travelling at 130 kilometres an hour Saturday on a county road near Campbellford.

An officer pursued the bike but called it off for safety reasons.

Another officer stopped the bike in Campbellford.

David Sheppard, 35, of Bowmanville, Ont., is charged with dangerous driving, flight from police and racing a motor vehicle.

He's due in court on Oct. 5.

Casaguy - as a biker of 20+ years I take offense at some of your comments lumping all motorcyclists together. You say you see "stupid, dangerous and reckless actions by almost every motorcyclist" and "cannot believe it's actually legal for them to ride on the highways at all". From what you say any driver who exhibits "complete contempt and disrespect for everyone around them" should be off the road. I like this idea provided you apply it to ALL drivers, not just motorcycles. Getting automobile drivers off the road who refuse to share the road should be using public transit.

Ask any motorcyclist how many times cars have cut them off, tailgated them, or turned in front of them and you'll find out that motorcycle accidents usually aren't the fault of the biker but those around them. Motorcycle training courses teach DEFENSIVE driving for a reason. "Ride like everyone around you is trying to kill you" is a common phrase and that is because some automobile drivers think they own the road.

The most dangerous spot for a motorcyclist is approaching an intersection where a car coming towards them is turning left. Not because the biker is reckless but because the driver of the car coming towards them isn't paying attention. "Loud to Live" is one excuse for loud exhausts on bikes so that if an inattentive driver doesn't see them they might hear them before changing lanes into us. Inattentive drivers are ones that say that motorcycles are "difficult to spot and scare the crap out of you when they suddenly appear with their engines growling at a deafening noise level". Were you paying attention to what is around you you wouldn't be caught off guard.

The rider who killed his passenger on Friday night should have the book thrown at them... as should any driver who causes a traffic death thru careless or reckless driving. That also goes for any automobile driver who kills a motorcyclist.

And before you lump motorcyclists together and call us all reckless, take note that about 40% of all new bikers are women and that there were about 124,000 motorcycles/scooters/atv's sold in Canada last year. Don't lump bikers in with the few bad apples and we won't lump other car drivers in with you.

Clearly motorcycles tend to attract a certain type of personality. Safety and regard for others is clearly not high on the list of personality traits we would associate with this personality. But hey, chicks dig it and more organs for everyone else.

Another stereotype.... average age of people getting their motorcycle license is 40-45 and are doctors, lawyers, professionals, men and women. Safety is on the mind of most motorcyclists.

In a car you have a steel cage around you. On a bike the only protection you have is your helmet and whatever else you are wearing. Sliding on pavement at 100km/h jeans will last only a few feet before you get road rash. Self preservation kicks in with everyone... and what you have to watch out for riding a bike are people driving cars !

Should we classify all automobile drivers as road hogs and inattentive because people that drive cars have a certain "trait" ?

Bikers don't ride to attract "chicks" but for the freedom and enjoyment of riding. Some do it out of necessity of having one as their only vehicle. How is this any different from someone with a convertible? Or do convertible drivers have the same "traits" as bikers?

Next time you see a biker on the road... give them the respect and room they deserve. We have as much right to our lane as you do in yours.

I used to take offence to all careless cyclists being lumped together too... but hey, guess what: the majority of cyclists ARE breaking the law and reckless and careless. Do you know how I know this? Because I cycle all over the city 14 hours a week and see it with my own eyes time after time after time.

I stand by my stereotype of the idiotic motorcyclist. Do you know how I know they're almost all idiotic? BECAUSE I SEE IT WITH MY OWN EYES! Constantly! Time after time after time! It is EXTREMELY rare when I see a motorcyclist being cautious and respectful. EXTREEEEEEMELY RARE! There are more than a just few bad apples.

There's no question that car drivers cause a lot of grief for cyclists and motorcyclists. But guess what... If you slowed the frig down and actually rode defensively (on bike AND motorcycles) there wouldn't be so many problems for you to turn around and blame the car driver. If a situation is dangerous for you then avoid it instead of becoming the victim of the big bad driver.

Last edited:
I stand by my stereotype of the idiotic motorcyclist. Do you know how I know they're almost all idiotic? BECAUSE I SEE IT WITH MY OWN EYES!

You reason like a child.
You also defended Cresford developments, despite evidence presented by many others to the contrary.
People like you should be ignored.

My better half works in the transplant unit at TG. We call motorcyclists ORGAN DONORS

Back