News   May 21, 2024
 330     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.3K     5 

Hot Apple Cider ?

toast_and_tea

Member Bio
Reaction score
Say it's a chilly winter evening and a girl and her date want to get some hot apple cider. Other than Starbucks, where would one go in this city?

Don't know, but never confuse the stuff at Starbucks for being cider. It's pretty much steamed apple juice topped with a big price tag.

Second cup probably?

Of course, you could always buy from the nearest grocer, and heat it at home for a fraction of the cost!

re: Second Cup.

It's nice (though I find it way too sweet) - until you find out it comes from a mix. Nothing "natural" about this one.

AoD

Honestly, there's so much free grub in Jerkvile these days it isn't funny. Factor in Whole Foods, that foodie bookshop opposite the Reference Library that's always promoting something or other, the odd gallery opening, and the occasional sushi-catered opening at the Japan Foundation in the Colonnade and you can dine out in style.

Thanks for the suggestions! It turns out we'll be in Little Italy, but there's still an entire winter to get through; lots of time for apple cider in the city.

And as someone who used to work at a Second Cup in high school, I just can't bring myself to go on a date there. I have horrible memories of climbing up on the counter to dump bags of Redpath sugar into the Chiller machine.

Back