News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 643     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Hilton Garden Inn (Peter & Adelaide, Easton Group, 16s, P+S)

They been busy, just noticed they opened one up last year in Markham on Hwy7/Leslie, in Vaughan on Hwy 7/Hwy 400 and Ajax on Hwy 401/Salem Rd. Never stayed at one, are they any good?

can't say I have however, your experience probably depends more on the ownership than on the chain (in which case, the ownership belongs to the same investment group as the u/c Marriott Residence Inn down the road)

Peter and Adelaide, the site is a parking lot directly to the south of the thin old building which is right on the corner.

Render from Page + Steele's website:

hgigq3.jpg

Nothing special really, just another filler project. I really hate those blank walls though on the sides.

crane is going up this afternoon.. strange that they haven't yet dug a pit

I only hate the base, at least it'll be all red brick that will fit in with the areas old warehouse buildings. I'm also sure that space will be used for advertising at some point.

The brick is nice - but what's with that pathetic little triangle overhang entrance?

I agree that entrance looks more suited to a rural Super8. Other than that it's ..err.. well pretty bloody awful really.

I think the building's quite nice, respectful of its surroundings. That entrance is real goofy though.

Thats going to be one hell of a place to stay. They better sound proof it very well otherwise the neighbouring clubs will be a deterrent for guests.

Having stayed at a few of these, I would guess that the peaked green entranceway is a corporate look. Go to google images to see examples

Oh well, much better then what was there, and it's only a small part of the structure.

Hilton Garden Inn

hilton1.jpg

From RDI Architects website:

The intersection of Peter and Adelaide in Toronto’s burgeoning Downtown Entertainment District is the site of the new Hilton Garden Inn, a challenging in-fill project. The extremely limited site constraints required innovative building systems such as valet-operated car elevators. The exterior of the building adds richness to the streetscape, with red brick cladding and facades that are sculpted into several masses of differing scales and materials. The hotel facilities include the lobby, market, business centre, the Pavilion with 120 seats for dining, a bar, indoor swimming pool and spa, exercise room, meeting rooms and a boardroom. Upon completion it will have 16 storeys and 160,000 ft² of total gross floor area.

http://www.rdiarchitects.com/e_hilton.php

Back