News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 626     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Heading to the Toronto Island Airport, need a place to park a car, preferably cheap!

I know its a little too late now, but for those that will be needing parking at the Toronto Island Airport, there is cheaper airport parking available if you dont mind walking 5 min to the Porter terminal. Last week I parked at 19 Bathurst St behind the Amsterdam Brewery for only $20 for the day (24hrs) - alot cheaper than the $38 Porter Airport was asking for...crazy! Its also open 24 hrs a day and it seems safe to me. The parking lot attendant that was there mentioned to that they'll be offering free shuttle in the cold winter months - another bonus for those of us that cant bear the cold:)

Happy Flying Everyone!

I know its a little too late now, but for those that will be needing parking at the Toronto Island Airport, there is cheaper airport parking available if you dont mind walking 5 min to the Porter terminal. Last week I parked at 19 Bathurst St behind the Amsterdam Brewery for only $20 for the day (24hrs) - alot cheaper than the $38 Porter Airport was asking for...crazy! Its also open 24 hrs a day and it seems safe to me. The parking lot attendant that was there mentioned to that they'll be offering free shuttle in the cold winter months - another bonus for those of us that cant bear the cold:)

Happy Flying Everyone!

You can do that until 2012/13, when that place will be replace with a condo building. Even the Amsterdam Brewery is going in 2012. Its only a 10 minute walk.

For what it's worth, my mother has left her vehicle unattended in a GO Train parking lot for a week.

Porter Terminal Parking

Who wants to drive their car to a Go Train stn, then take a train or bus to Union station an then take a shuttle bus to the porter terminal andthen a ferry and then a plane before you get to your destination?? And even worse in the early hours of the morning!

I'd rather drive down and park on my own time shedule.

Especially when there is cheap parking available.

Should you decide to park in the airport parking, it can cheaper to park at the long term parking on the island if you are staying longer than 24 hours ($113 a week, plus $11 for the ferry trip).
http://www.bbtcaparking.com/rates.php

I would suppose that your car would also be safer there, given the limited access (and no access overnight). You can't beat the convenience.

Who wants to drive their car to a Go Train stn, then take a train or bus to Union station an then take a shuttle bus to the porter terminal andthen a ferry and then a plane before you get to your destination?? And even worse in the early hours of the morning!

I'd rather drive down and park on my own time shedule.

Especially when there is cheap parking available.
If your just gone for the day, leaving at 6 AM, and back late at night, driving would make a lot of sense. If you have to drive there in rush-hour, GO could be faster. If you gone for 10 days, it's not really cheap parking. Different options for different people at different times.

i will be in totoron too, i was just wondering if they do have that shuttle service in the airport to our hotel? I am currently here in Tucson, arizona and will be flying to toronto soon. It's just that our stay here is amazing because we hired a az shuttle service from the airport to where we are staying.

i will be in totoron too, i was just wondering if they do have that shuttle service in the airport to our hotel? I am currently here in Tucson, arizona and will be flying to toronto soon. It's just that our stay here is amazing because we hired a az shuttle service from the airport to where we are staying.

I would imagine that if you are flying from Arizona you are not flying into Billy Bishop airport on the island.

Keishahogson: if you flying from Arizona to Toronto direct, then you will land at Pearson Airport. There is a hotel shuttle but it will close October 31 2014
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...rt_express_bus_to_stop_service_this_fall.html

if you are flying to Toronto Island Airport via one of the US cities Porter serves in the northern US then let us know which hotel you're heading to and we can let you know what your options are.

Back