204     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 672     0 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
A post wishing all here the best, hoping their weekend has been or will be filled w/feast; and some quality (mostly argument-free) family time!

I am grateful for all those than contribute to UT and make it such an interesting place to frequent, to become more informed and engaged on issue that matter to me and those with whom I share my City.

Also wanted to note I'm grateful for some of the progress we've seen in Ontario and Toronto this year; things on many people's wish lists irrespective of politics or preference have moved forward.

We often spend much time griping here about what could be better about Toronto or Ontario........and often with good reason.

But on this day.......

Maybe we can be grateful for 30 minute Lakeshore GO service finally arriving; and tenders for passing track that suggest GO may yet be serious about adding all-day services in the Barrie and Stouffville corridors.

Maybe we can be pleased that Toronto has a wonderful new park 'Corktown Common' and has opened new stretches of waterfront Trail in both the west and the east.

Maybe we can smile, knowing finally the new Queen's Quay is on its way, shovel-in-the-ground.

Perhaps we can appreciate the largest boom in office tower construction in a decade what it brings to the city's economy not just its skyscraper geeks.

Perhaps we can appreciate the impending improvements to TTC service as new Streetcars and Artics are set to roll out.....

And maybe feel hope for residents of Regent Park, enjoying newer, better, safer livings spaces, on and off-site, already with a new school and aquatics centre and soon a new public park as well.

There remains much to work on in our fair city; from architecture and design, to public realm and transportation; the needs of families and seniors; a health care system that could be more robust; and commute time that could be shorter; and much infrastructure due for a re-fresh. The needs of the City's most vulnerable could be better met......

But on this day.....a smile for the progress past efforts have brought; many of those efforts by my fellow UT'ers.

Thank you one and all.

Back