News   May 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 359     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 366     0 

Google Earth- Toronto buildings project

1 Bloor was the project that blew my mind the first time I came to UT. Like how had I not heard of this one before. Nice job wyliepoon!

Zurich Centre

zur.jpg

The Zurich Centre has always reminded me of Maison Radio-Canada in Montreal. Anyone know if the architects are the same?

Another University Avenue building...

505 University Avenue (complete with the Kinkos on the street corner where I did some late night and early morning printing for school projects at Ryerson)

505uni.jpg

Wylie, your 505 University model is particularly gorgeous. So is the building, so you've done it justice. Anyway - it's all good! Thanks for continuing this project!

Looks pretty good but I'm 90% sure that the parking garage wasn't above the "ring" at all but completely contained within.

I think you're absolutely right, cdl. This report shows a plan of the terminal just like you've said.

Like all other models, I don't know if I really want to mess with this model anymore. However, if any of you really want this model badly, and feel really disturbed about the parking garage towering over the ring, I can certainly try to make the adjustments.

Same with the ramps leading up the parking garage. I accidentally modelled them to lead right into the ring. Whoops.

Royal Ontario Museum

rom.jpg

The Libeskind crystals are extremely hard to model, and are wildly inaccurate in terms of shape, locations of windows, etc. I guess I can't model like a star architect just yet.

You might have noticed that I haven't been adding updates to this thread over the last few days. That's because I haven't been modelling Toronto buildings recently.

I've just started a tradition of modelling buildings from cities that I have visited. Having been to Detroit a month ago, I decided to model a couple of Detroit buildings. Some have already been uploaded to the 3D Warehouse. I still plan to do some modelling for Detroit for the next few days, and then I'll get back to doing some Toronto buildings.

Meanwhile, back on our side of the border, it seems like Alberta is experiencing a building boom not just with real buildings, but also with virtual buildings on Google Earth. A modeller from Edmonton just joined 3D Warehouse this month, and already has a collection of 12 Edmonton buildings. Calgary appears to have at least two regular modellers, with about 40-50 buildings modelled. Toronto's reputation as the largest Canadian city on Google Earth seems to be at stake, and I'm the only one holding the fort! :)

Finally, anybody tried viewing any of my models on Google Earth 4? How long did it take you to load a model? It's taking me ages to load just one model on GE. I don't know if it has to do with the model or the software.

Finished with the Detroit modelling project. I think now I'll focus on some buildings closer to home... such as buildings from Scarborough.

Here's the first model... TTC Kennedy Station

ken.jpg

Back