News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.7K     10 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

@smallspy and I both heard/saw info that indicated large service increases, twice, in the last 4 months, both times they came to nothing......

Something is going very, very wrong at Mx.

Its not merely losing staff; though that is clearly a problem, it always was a problem.

They're writing preliminary schedules and then finding they either can't get the funding or the personnel. (likely the latter, but I can't be sure).

Any which way, Phil Verster needs to be held to account, as does his Minister.

At what point do they cancel GO Expansion? I mean, if you can't even get the service levels up to what the most current track expansions allow...

I'm imagining a GO in 2035 with all Electric EMU's, completely dedicated tracks, and trains 4 times a day in one direction monday to friday lol.

At what point do they cancel GO Expansion? I mean, if you can't even get the service levels up to what the most current track expansions allow...

I'm imagining a GO in 2035 with all Electric EMU's, completely dedicated tracks, and trains 4 times a day in one direction monday to friday lol.

Every field has a shortage of workers right now, which better pay and more time can hopefully mitigate.

Things are not looking good for GO transit right now. The service cuts are not going over well. They need to refocus current service in the GTHA.

You are absolutely right. They are spread way too thin and need to temporarily focus on the core network + Niagara (Tourism dollars). Sending trains to London is absurd at the moment.

What they should focus on is Lakeshore, Barrie, Stouffville and Niagara. Quash service on Milton, Kitchener, etc temporarily until service levels can be stabilized.

You are absolutely right. They are spread way too thin and need to temporarily focus on the core network + Niagara (Tourism dollars). Sending trains to London is absurd at the moment.

What they should focus on is Lakeshore, Barrie, Stouffville and Niagara. Quash service on Milton, Kitchener, etc temporarily until service levels can be stabilized.
Think about what you just wrote and tell me if that makes any sense!

This problem can be managed, it's just a matter of IF they are willing to make the required changes.

Think about what you just wrote and tell me if that makes any sense!

This problem can be managed, it's just a matter of IF they are willing to make the required changes.

That is true but for the moment they need to work with what they have not being everything to everyone at all times.

That is true but for the moment they need to work with what they have not being everything to everyone at all times.
So how do you plan to accomodate customers on the Milton, Kitchener on Richmond Hill Line that currently have train service today? How many buses are you going to need? And those don't require reasources?

Or just make them all work from home?

One bi level coach can carry more than one double decker bus. For every one rail coach you need 2 double decker or 4 single level bus. Thats probably 100 more busses or drivers. Where are you going to find that?

So how do you plan to accomodate customers on the Milton, Kitchener on Richmond Hill Line that currently have train service today? How many buses are you going to need? And those don't require reasources?

Or just make them all work from home?

One bi level coach can carry more than one double decker bus. For every one rail coach you need 2 double decker or 4 single level bus. Thats probably 100 more busses or drivers. Where are you going to find that?

Tough s***.

In the 1990s when service was reduced due to budget issues did they replace the service 1 for 1? No. They cut service back from Aldershot-Oshawa to Oakville-Pickering. They also eliminated Barrie line service north of Bradford almost 14 years.

Kitchener Service was cut back from Guelph to Georgetown until 2011 after the cuts in 1993.

My point is that there is a precedent for service cut backs.

Tough s***.

In the 1990s when service was reduced due to budget issues did they replace the service 1 for 1? No. They cut service back from Aldershot-Oshawa to Oakville-Pickering. They also eliminated Barrie line service north of Bradford almost 14 years.

Kitchener Service was cut back from Guelph to Georgetown until 2011 after the cuts in 1993.

My point is that there is a precedent for service cut backs.
That's nothing close to eliminating train services for 3 corridors.

Your points don't make sense.

That's nothing close to eliminating train services for 3 corridors.

Your points don't make sense.

The point I was making was that service to particular locations has been eliminated in the past and they can do it again. Be it one line or 3 stations the difference is the same... someone will still have no service.

If the core mandate of Mx is GTA/GTHA commuter service; to get a whole bunch of people to and from work, and if resources are at a premium, maintaining a tourist service to Niagara makes no sense. It and London need to go in the 'nice to have' bin until they can adequately resource their core routes.

Back